1st acrylic turn... OOPS!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DSallee

DSallee

Well, I tried my luck turning acrylic for the first time tonight and had a blowout!... ... not while turning but while milling the blank .. I think I didn't get enough CA on the end and it caught just right and boom!! My first blowout..

Because it was stuck in there and I didn't have another 3/8" insert I went ahead and put it on the mandrel and "played" with it for a bit to get used to turning acrylic then just turned it down to the insert so I could re-use it.. ...

Drilled another blank, milled it MORE carefully this time and turned away.... came out pretty good I think. The wife is in the process of sending a pic to all her internet friends and so far they ALL want one.. LOL

Anyway, here's a shot of the final product....

MS1002BGOGLD.jpg

Combo-Pen2 in Blue Ocean Green acrylic from PSI

Comments and suggestions welcome...

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DSallee

Originally posted by toolcrazy

.... How is the click mechanism?

Well I just asked the wife and she loves it.. say's it works fabtabulous.. LOL ... so far the transmission works perfectly , twist one way for pen and the other way for pencil... and the click for the pencil lead seems to be good... assembly was smooth and easy also.

Dave

DSallee

Thanks for the comments everyone... really appriciated...

I'm really satisfied with this one! This is my first acrylic turned and third time turning ever!

Dave

Top Bottom