Not open for further replies.

Jcraigg

This is the 1st acrylic pen I've made Critique Requested
1 Sanded from 240 to 1200
2 MM all the way through to 12000
3 Meguiars cleaner
4 Meguiras Polish
5 Meguiars Wax
Is this the right way to Finish? Any help appreciated.( I guess that spelled Right [:p])

Thanks Jeff

200510250128_acrylic1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

It looks very good for your first go at synthetic, Jeff. Your proceedure is right if it works for you. I will add this... if you didn't wet sand (including MM), do it next time. You will be quite pleased with the result.

Fangar

Looks great Jeff! I Sand 240 and 400 only. Then MM through the fifth sheet (Whatever that is) and buff with White Diamond. Nice photo work too.

Fangar

Scott

Hi Jeff,

It looks good to me! And like Billy said, it's right if it works for you. You may eventually find some ways to shorten the process eventually, but there certainly isn't anything wrong with how you're doing it now. Keep up the good work!

Scott.

JimGo

Jeff, that looks great! I agree with Scott and Billy, whatever works for you is the best method. Personally, I use the MicroMesh pads made for man-made surfaces. They have a built-in pad that makes it easy to keep the material wet, thus facilitating wet sanding. A quick pass with each of the 6 or 8 pads, followed by some plastic polish, and I get a very nice shine.

Dan

That's a great looking pen Jeff, no doubt about it.

But I think you night be overworking your finishing technique.

Try wet sanding with the MM. You'll get amazing results in a lot less time.

Try HUT's Ultra Gloss plastic polish - a couple of spins and you're there. If not, you did something wrong. Wax on an acrylic is a nice touch, but largely unnecessary in my opinion. If you finish the plastic right, there's no need to wax it - it'll stand on it's own.

Save your Meguiars for your car - it's much better suited for the paint. The AmeroClassic is my favorite pen kit - and you've done a fine job with it. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom