1st of 5

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Back when I was about 8 (before there was dirt according to my grandaughter) my father broke his back at work. After months on a striker bed he returned to work and workmans comp agreed on a pittance for the rest of his life. Around 1960 they decided it would be cheaper to pay him a lump sum than send out a cheque every month but leaving the case open if there were complications later. They used the money to finally get some nice furniture a dining room and living room set in teak. There were 4 extra legs for the coffee table so they could set it lower if they wanted. For whatever reason dad kept those legs through 4 houses and 40 years. Last week he brought them over to me to see if I could use them. This is the first of 5 pens I will be making from them, one for dad, one for each of my brothers and one for me.

2095.png

2096.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

Beautiful pen. The wood and the kit are a great match. I always like wood with a story behind it. When it is personal to the creator it is even betterh. Very cool.

Atherton Pens

I love it when there's a story to go along with the pen. Great job on the pen, if the others turn out as nice as this I know everyone will be pleased!

Rick P

Great story, great pen, and a wonderful thing to share with your family. I too took a lump some form workmans comp........worse mistake I ever made!

Top Bottom