1st and 2nd segmented!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Joe S.

Joe S.

Here are my first two segmented pen barrels for a mesa pen, but without the pen (I ordered a pack of spare tubes to experiment with.) There is Yellowheart, Purpleheart, Bloodwood, and Pink Ivory. The first one blew up when I was turning it, and the second one turned out pretty good. I'm planing on trying a scalloped pen soon, and to also start casting, but for now I'll keep doing basic segmenting. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.
(Please forgive the low quality pictures :frown:)

Attachments

• Photo on 2012-04-13 at 13.58.jpg
    Photo on 2012-04-13 at 13.58.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Photo on 2012-04-13 at 13.58 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2012-04-13 at 13.58 #2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Here are my first two segmented pen barrels for a mesa pen, but without the pen (I ordered a pack of spare tubes to experiment with.) There is Yellowheart, Purpleheart, Bloodwood, and Pink Ivory. The first one blew up when I was turning it, and the second one turned out pretty good. I'm planing on trying a scalloped pen soon, and to also start casting, but for now I'll keep doing basic segmenting. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.
(Please forgive the low quality pictures :frown:)

Wow, you must be planning some elaborate stuff if this is what you consider basic. That's a great job. Blowout are just one of those things that will happen with segmented blanks. Just try to use a lighter touch and always make sure you tools are sharp. I found that as I got better with the skew and made sure it was sharp I had less blowouts. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Top Bottom