15 Executive Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

I had a customer order 15 Executives in various woods (my choice of woods). I charged him $55 per pen. All are CA finish.

Left to right:
Box Elder burl, curly Alaskan Yellow Cedar, JOW, BOW, Maple burl, Birdseye Maple, Smoke Tree, Orange Osage, two-tone curly Mahogany, Australian Fish Tailed Oak, quilted Sapelle, English Pippy Yew. Foreground: Staghorn Sumac, Zebra wood, Creosote.

Also, blue dyed Buckeye burl on Manhattan in gun metal. CA finish.

Attachments

• IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_1222.jpg
    IMG_1222.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cacardon

I have many of this type of pen, but I havent made one. How are they? how do they hold up to daily use, and how do they sell?
thanks for the help guys

SDB777

That is a very nice sale! Congrats!!

Like all the timbers you selected. Did you already have these on-hand or did you order them for just this sale....just wondering?

Scott (nicely finished too) B

yorkie

They sell very well. They're simple single barrel and well made. The transmission is easily switched out if it goes bad and they're not too big or fat.

I have many of this type of pen, but I havent made one. How are they? how do they hold up to daily use, and how do they sell?
thanks for the help guys

juteck

Nice selection of woods! Great order!!

Your photo looks great too. Next time we meet I'll have to get some pointers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sub Vet 10

Good deal! (and payday!!)
I really like those. I love the long tube kits. Could be my next project after I run through the Polaris' and Presimos I have.

Joe S.

Wow! Great job! Generally these "just made 15 pens" post aren't that impressive, but every one looks fantastic! Great photos too!

Nice order and you snagged a good price, too. Being a white collar guy, these "short " pens are not pocket friendly, unfortunately. The longer, single barrel pens like the Manhattan, clicker, vertex sell better for me.

yorkie

Thanks a lot, guys!!

I guess it is similar size to polaris etc., but i like how easy the transmission is to remove, without having to dismantle the pen. It feels solid and is just about the right size. I make tons of different styles and i really like this one.

Top Bottom