10th time is the charm(kitless click)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I have been trying to master the kitless pen thing and having me all of the growing pangs associated with it. I will say that those who have mastered this need to be commended.

It has been a frustrating few days in the pen studio. This is my 2nd completed kitless click pen but my 1st with my new 8 mm tap and die set. My first was done with a 9 mm set(made it to wide at the bottom) I went through a few blanks trying to make the front section of this pen, I actually had to pour more to finish it. I was on the 10th try when I finally got the front section finished. It is a blue\black\white combination silmar 41 blank. The clip is a Euro clip I drilled out to fit the click mechanism. Comments and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

If at first you fail, try,try again. Each try is an exercise in learning, and a mistake you won't make the second time. Great job on the pen. Looks very sleek and smooth. Jim S

Last edited:

BradG

That looks great, nicely doen for hanging on in there :)

Where does everyone buy these mechs from?

KenV

Phil-- I doubt that you feel guilty pushing us onto that slippery slope.

Nice work , but do take a hard look at the joint on the next one.

Robert111

Congratulations, Phil! Looks pretty nice.

Question for you: Is it necessary to have the joint? Couldn't you drill all the way through with a bit the size of the small hole in the end, assuming you can get an extra long bit? Then drill as deep as necessary with a bit the size of the refill?

LagniappeRob

I couldn't see the pics first because of where they were hosted... but initially though how'd he make the mechanism?!? I'm glad someone else asked about where to get them. I thought I'd missed something along the way.

I'm thinking I might try some of these to do a Parker style bullet pen. I think it could work...

firewhatfire

Preciate the comments. Robert I don't see why you couldn't make it all 1 piece. Maybe I will try that when I have time, right now I am working on being the leader of the losers club for the Bash.

Jjartwood

Dude the front section looks like a different color,I'd ask for my money back on that beauty!JK......
I have to say nice pen, and great effort,I would like to think that I had that much
determination and patience but I can't say for sure.
Great job,Great pen,I admire your persistance.
Mark

hewunch

Congratulations, Phil! Looks pretty nice.

Question for you: Is it necessary to have the joint? Couldn't you drill all the way through with a bit the size of the small hole in the end, assuming you can get an extra long bit? Then drill as deep as necessary with a bit the size of the refill?

You could, but you would have to unscrew the click when you wanted to change the refill. That will possibly reposition the clip and leave scratches behind. If I were going to do that, I believe I would drill out the point first, then come back with a bit that would accommodate the refill all the way to nearly the point from the other end.

Top Bottom