105mm teaser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pssherman

pssherman

As mentioned in another post about the 25mm and 30mm pens, I have successfully made a twist pen using a 105mm howitzer shell. I also made a matching pencil. They will be initially shown at the 2008 MPG this saturday and then I will post pictures here when I get back.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jarheaded

I'm going to make some calls and see if I can get a disarmed Patriot missile and stick a fountain pen nib in the tip[}:)]:D.

Just kidding Paul, I'm looking forward to seeing this rather large pen set.:)

workinforwood

Patriot missile..that's nothing. I'm working on an Apollo Rocket. The idea is that you get to use an overhead crane to operate the pen. Soon as I can get a loan to buy enough gas, I'm on my way to Florida to salvage the old NASA junk yard for parts.

pssherman

George,
How long is the shell? The 105's are about 14 1/2 inches long.

Johnnie,
I thought you were going to get that missile for me.:D Actually, putting a fountain pen nib in the tip would be difficult since you would need to have a cap to keep it from drying out. But, a ball point refill with a twist transmission is certainly doable.

Rifleman1776

Is it something like this? Posed next to a thuty aught six, I'm not sure what it is.
I do know that it is still live and I dropped it on the concrete floor setting up this picture. [:0]

200832417014_shells.jpg

pssherman

Is it something like this? Posed next to a thuty aught six, I'm not sure what it is.
I do know that it is still live and I dropped it on the concrete floor setting up this picture.
Frank,
That looks like a 25mm round based on the size of the 30-06 next to it. The 105 is 14.5 inches long and a little over 4 inches wide at the mouth. It has a straight taper side, no neck. The primer is a 10 inch long tube with multiple holes in it. If you would like to get a sneek peek at the 105's you will have to come to Jonesboro. You would have to take US63 since it is the only road still open due to the flooding.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by pssherman

I do know that it is still live and I dropped it on the concrete floor setting up this picture.
Frank,
That looks like a 25mm round based on the size of the 30-06 next to it. The 105 is 14.5 inches long and a little over 4 inches wide at the mouth. It has a straight taper side, no neck. The primer is a 10 inch long tube with multiple holes in it. If you would like to get a sneek peek at the 105's you will have to come to Jonesboro. You would have to take US63 since it is the only road still open due to the flooding.

Thanks, I'll wait for the pictures. Hope the high waters didn't affect you too much. We are where it all starts so it ends sooner also.

pssherman

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

Thanks, I'll wait for the pictures. Hope the high waters didn't affect you too much. We are where it all starts so it ends sooner also.
Nope, the high waters are not affecting us here since we are on Crowleys Ridge and well above the flood waters. LOML and I went for a drive yesterday to Black Rock and Pocahontas to see the flood waters, her idea. Its hard to imagine the expanse of the waters, many times wider than the Mississippi. When the levees broke along the Black River everywhere along the river got flooded. Most of the bridges and roadways are under about 5 ft of water. US63 is the only road that crosses the river that is still open.

Jarheaded

Frank, will you please quit screwing around trying to juggle live shells. Next thing will be playing catch with grenades. Watch out for those old shells, they have a tendancy to be unstable. But then again, so are most of the people that own them...LOL:)

Paul, if you really would like a patriot missile,, just give me your coordinates and I will make a few phone calls.[}:)]:D

Chuck Key

A couple week ago there was a guy trying to disarm a civil war munition around here. He did not survive the blast and they found a large piece of the cannon ball had gone through the roof of a house a quarter mile away.

Chuckie

bruce119

A guy I sold a 50 cal. to today showed me a I think he said 50 mm. It was about 1/3 -1/2 larger than the 50 cal. Are these bullets available anyware. I would like to find some larger ones.

bruce119

I can't be sure what size he said it was but it was asbout 1/3 larger than the 50 cal. Paul should. Paul do have any of those I would be interested.

pssherman

Originally posted by bruce119

I can't be sure what size he said it was but it was asbout 1/3 larger than the 50 cal. Paul should. Paul do have any of those I would be interested.
Bruce,
Here is the link to the 25mm and 30mm casing pens. Not the comparison with the 50 cal and the 30 cal pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33778
If one of these is what you are looking for, I do have some. About 50 of the 25mm and 4 of the 30mm. BTW, I have the 50 cal bullets and casings ready to ship but will hold off sending them until I here from you about the larger casings.

Frank,
After looking at the shells that I posted, I now think that the shell you have is the 30mm not the 25mm. The 25mm has the groove below the neck and the 30mm has the groove on the neck. Once fired the grooves are pushed out but still leave a distintive mark.

Olivier,
Because they make great mementos for veterans or for those who like the unusual.

bruce119

Originally posted by Sfolivier

I really don't understand this fascination with bullets...

It's just human nature people like them. Honestly why do most go to hockey games & races or fights. Deep down they want to see a fight or a big wreck or a knockout. Why do violent movies do so good. Most of would never admit it but can't help it there is a dark side in everyone. [}:)] :)

Top Bottom