105mm photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pssherman

pssherman

Here are some photos of the 105mm pen and pencil set that I introduced at the 2008 MPG. They are retractable, refillable, and could be used for writing, although it is not very convenient to do so.

The first photo shows a size comparison between all of the military casing/bullet pens that I have made. Shown are the 30mm, 25mm, 50 BMG, and the 30 cal bullet pens. The pens on the right use the cross refill while those on the left use the parker refill. The pencil uses the artists sketch pencil kit.

20084254851_pict3.jpg

This next photo show a close-up (sort of) of the nib ends. The nib for the pen was made from a 1/2 inch bolt that I turned to shape on a wood lathe using a file and hack saw as cutting tools.

20084255125_nibs.jpg

This next photo shows the imprinted text on the bases of the pen and pencil.

20084255342_base2.jpg

This last photo shows a close-up of the pencil base. Here the recessed push button which activates the pencil mechanism is clearly shown. Also visible are the stampings that indicate the size (105MM) and the year of production (1975).

20084255626_base1.jpg

I intend to use these at future arts and crafts shows for a display. I hope to bring more customers to my booth and to draw attention to my military pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Paul had these at the MPG. You just couldn't help but go up and look them over. My first thought was, "What the...". They are definitely an attention getter, Paul.;)[^]

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Geez, What's next?:rolleyes: Some sort of missile? :eek: Very cool. They are sure to attract some attention! Nice work!

Jgrden

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Sheesh. Talk about a sore shoulder after firing, I mean, writing with one of those.

Top Bottom