1000th Post Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I felt like doing something special for my 1000th post. I used the nib and cap threads from an Apollo Infinity. I wanted to try full kitless, but I'm still waiting for my die holder to come in so I had to do with this. No tubes at all, both parts are a press fit and held in place with red loctite. The blank is of my creation. I haven't put a clip on as of yet, I'm going back and forth over which one I want to use, but it will get a clip. Glad it's finished (mostly anyhow) and now I can go back to making my comments! Thanks for looking and for any comments/critiques made!

100_0660.jpg
100_0652.jpg
100_0640.jpg
100_0665.jpg
100_0667.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice Job!!!!

Hold onto it and each additional millenium marker. Someday, you could have quite a "raft" of them!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PenPal

Johnathon,

Brilliant effort what with your own blank. I like the business ie the writing end of the pen very much it is less bling more function than longer ones the shape looks comfortable, it could be used next to your Computer without a clip in a holder with that pure shape it is so simple a design it becomes outstanding B to B.

The name Apollo conjures up Space applications, romance of flight and so your pen has become a symbol to me of a most successful maiden flight that will be heavily copied I fear.

Memorable moments demand outstanding contributions this pen does all of these wonderful things, extremely well done IMHO brilliant colours, made to a high standard and the photographs compliment the whole nothing to hide.

Congratulations Peter.

brookswife803

This pen is Amazing! The best part is how light and well balanced it is to write with. Not only pretty but very functional too!

Brooks803

Johnathon,

Brilliant effort what with your own blank. I like the business ie the writing end of the pen very much it is less bling more function than longer ones the shape looks comfortable, it could be used next to your Computer without a clip in a holder with that pure shape it is so simple a design it becomes outstanding B to B.

The name Apollo conjures up Space applications, romance of flight and so your pen has become a symbol to me of a most successful maiden flight that will be heavily copied I fear.

Memorable moments demand outstanding contributions this pen does all of these wonderful things, extremely well done IMHO brilliant colours, made to a high standard and the photographs compliment the whole nothing to hide.

Congratulations Peter.

Peter, thank you so very much. I truely appreciate your kindness.

Great way to celebrate the 1000th post, it may not be fully kitless but almost, well done indeed

I forgot to mention that I did turn my own nib from aluminum, but had a bit break off inside while drilling the refill hole. It was my fault completely for not clearing as much as I should have. So that does leave me to ask....does anyone know how to get the bit out? It's in there deep and tight. I'll post a couple pics in the morning since that'll help see what I'm trying to do.

Thanks you everyone for your kind words thus far! I hope to get another thousand posts much faster than these!

Grizz

Banned
That's a nice looking pen. The first picture looks like a piece of candy.

Curly

I forgot to mention that I did turn my own nib from aluminum, but had a bit break off inside while drilling the refill hole. It was my fault completely for not clearing as much as I should have. So that does leave me to ask....does anyone know how to get the bit out? It's in there deep and tight. I'll post a couple pics in the morning since that'll help see what I'm trying to do.

Nice work for a memorable occasion

I recently read a thread in a metal working forum that described using alum to dissolve taps and the like from brass and aluminium. You may need to polish it after you are done though.

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=89129

Worth a try. :wink:

Pete

Brooks803

Thanks Pete, that was a good read. Never would have thought of that! I'm gonna put up a thread on this just to see if there's anything else I might could try before resorting to the alum. Might just be easier to remake it. We'll see...

Top Bottom