100% Made in the U.S.A

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I had the pleasure of meeting Mark of Marksman Writing Instruments at the last Atlanta chapter gathering. I got a set of components from him and here's what I came up with. I kept with the USA theme and cast a blank that would be fitting. Feels great in the hand. The finish is MM to 12000 and polish with PlastX. Thanks for looking and for any comments made! :usflag:

100_3606592x700.jpg
100_3611632x700.jpg
100_3615626x700.jpg

A couple closeups:

100_3613700x657.jpg
100_3621700x635.jpg

t001xa22

Jonathan, I have been following Mark's progress on the creation of his incredible pen set. Now I know one thing: with his set and your blanks, the bar has been set. I never tire of seeing your creations, but mated with this kit...................I'm blown away. Congrats as always.

sumterdad

That is just a stunning pen. I never get tired of seeing what creations you can come up with. Speechless

cwolfs69

simply amazing work. both the pen and the blank. i guess i have to get some of his blanks. im sure not there with my casting yet. are those PR or Alumilite blanks, and how so vibrant color?

Sent from my Galaxi via forerunner

edicehouse

When I first saw this, I thought well how is it 100% American made. Then realized where the kit actually came from. All I can say is that is awesome looking kit and blank!

MarkD

Congratulations Johnathon and Mark! Great collaboration! That combination will be hard to beat!

glycerine

Brooks you did a great job on this, It looks awesome. It is nice to see results from the effort that Mark and I have put into this Made in the USA pen kit project the last couple of months.

Personally, I would like to see a stars and stripes lazer inlay on it. Have you already made one to fit? If not, do you plan on it?

BSea

Brooks you did a great job on this, It looks awesome. It is nice to see results from the effort that Mark and I have put into this Made in the USA pen kit project the last couple of months.

Personally, I would like to see a stars and stripes lazer inlay on it. Have you already made one to fit? If not, do you plan on it?
Funny you should mention that. How does a free stars & stripes kit sound? Check this out.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86784

EDIT: BTW Johnathon, that's a great looking blank. But I'm trying to figure out how you got so much swirl in the middle and not on the ends.

Last edited:

glycerine

Funny you should mention that. How does a free stars & stripes kit sound? Check this out.

EDIT: BTW Johnathon, that's a great looking blank. But I'm trying to figure out how you got so much swirl in the middle and not on the ends.

Very cool, thanks for pointing that out!

bitshird

Johnathon the casting is gorgeous, the kit is wonderful, I like the shape of the grip, it looks like to would be comfortable to write with. Nice work on everyone's part !!

Brooks803

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy with how this one came out too! I got quite a few PM's asking about the weight and feel. I compared it to a Jr. Statesman for weight. The Jr. was 52.6grams and the Marksman was 48.1grams. So they are very similar in weight. Now I've only been using it since last night so my trial period is very fresh but so far I prefer the feel of the marksman over the Jr. Statesman. The body on the marksman is longer and felt more balanced for me.

Is it ok to ask what brand of pigments you used on this?

Jorge

Sorry Jorge, if it was an off the shelf brand of pigment like pearlx I'd share since anyone can find/buy it. This stuff I special order and since casting blanks is my actual job right now I need to keep it for myself.

simply amazing work. both the pen and the blank. i guess i have to get some of his blanks. im sure not there with my casting yet. are those PR or Alumilite blanks, and how so vibrant color?

Sent from my Galaxi via forerunner

Thanks! This is made with Silmar 41 PR. I might give alumilite a try one day but for now I'm sticking with PR. The vibrant color is from my pigment that I special order.

I think the iap now has something to put on the front page. Supurb!

Lol...Thanks Earl, but I doubt I'll get the front page in back to back months! That'd be cool as hell if I did though:biggrin:

Hehehe:cool: I can't give you all my secrets Bob! The fun part will be trying it out though...you'll start getting all sorts of crazy ideas!

marksman

Jonathon, not that I am tired of looking at this masterful creation (even though I have been staring at it ALL day), but I am eagerly awaiting the post with the fountain pen you got as well :biggrin:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Johnathon

That is a great combination. I have an idea I would like to discuss with you when you get a chance...............I am so excited about an all American kit! I bought one of Mark's kits and cannot wait to see what I can do with it...

Brooks803

Johnathon

That is a great combination. I have an idea I would like to discuss with you when you get a chance...............I am so excited about an all American kit! I bought one of Mark's kits and cannot wait to see what I can do with it...

I'd love to hear your idea Robert, I'll get you my cell # and we'll see whats on your mind.

I would not call it 100% made in America since it has a German refill!

Just pulling your chain a little! Nice pen!

Thanks Curtis, lol! I was wondering when/if someone was going to point that out. So lets go with 98%....thats still better than our other options :biggrin:

Top Bottom