10 year old made me a millefiori blank.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from carlmorrell

carlmorrell

My ten year old daughter likes playing with small things. She has made quite a few small things with polymer clay such as animals, microscopic tea cups etc.

Yesterday, I showed her a few videos of how millefiori is done. Then I handed her a brass tube. She made this blank. I was never more nervous with this blank. There is only one first blank. I did not want to wreck it.

I did have a small issue, the polymer clay is loose on the blank. I first noticed the blanks "stalling", when sanding. Later, I saw the tube move when I was pressing the pen together. I did sand the tube first. So if anyone has suggestions on how to remedy it.

Thanks to Toni for the inspiration.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

Very nice job YOUNG LADY! Dad is very PRUOD of YOU, as he should be! Be well...............Jan

plantman

Very, very good job on the blank. Do not try to take the pen apart as the blank may crack!! Remove the ink cartrage and spring and apply a small amount of thin CA in the crack between the blank and the tube. It will wick down the tube and should solve your problem. Jim S

turncrazy43

Awesome blank by your young lady. you both should be very proud. I see a possible side business.

ironman123

10 year old made me a millefiori blank

Great job young lady. Don't stop now.

Put her on the payroll. She can make a good College Fund. Oh yes, your pen looks good to.

Ray

lyonsacc

within the past month there was a polyclay thread that might have been started my Mrs ptownsubbie. I think someone in that thread mentioned a glue that they use. I'm not in a place where I can search for that at the moment.

Dave

Top Bottom