1 new cigar and 2 wallstreet's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jon-wx5nco

Jon-wx5nco

Here are a few pens I made over the weekend. This was my first time to work with any of these woods.

The first is an Ultra Cigar made with ebony. I need to find a way to "shine up" the ebony.

The second is an Amboyna burl on a gold/ti wallstreet II. I had a blowout, but I was able to save the blank.

The third is an Eagle inlay from LazerLinez.com This took me a few days to make. This was my first attempt at an inlay. I will definitely be trying more.

Thanks for looking. Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome!

Attachments

• ultracigar-ebony.jpg
    ultracigar-ebony.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 270
  • goldTI-amboya.jpg
    goldTI-amboya.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 272
  • goldTI-eagle.jpg
    goldTI-eagle.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 285
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jon-wx5nco

I think the ebony is my favorite so far. I do have a question for the forum. I used Huts Crystal Coat on this pen. My question is, what works best with ebony CA or BLO/CA? I would have loved for this pen to have shined up more than it did.

Rfturner

I use regular CA, then carnuba wax often followed by "howard feed and wax", the shine is unbelievable and it stays. I use that finishing technique and it seems to work for me PM me if you have questions

Bree

The Ebony will kinda shine itself up with use. I think you can leave it just as it is. It really needs no finish at all in many cases... a little wax and it looks great.
:cool::cool::cool:

Top Bottom