1 majestic, 2 gentlemen's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cdcarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcarter

Been on a high end kick. Posted this fountain yesterday, but it was a lousy photo. Finally able to do something better with my SLR and a better background. See if you guys like these better.

These all came off the same piece of Macassar Ebony, which is fast becoming one of my favorite woods.

Carl

closed-end-pens071107.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Closed end??? Normally, this refers to a pen that has no hardware on the end and was not drilled through. Well, actually all pens are pretty much closed end (at least on one side).[;)][:D]

cdcarter

Y'know, I've never actually sold a pen. Haven't been sure they're good enough for that yet, or if selling them would ruin the fun. This is really a bunny trail for me; my main love is woodworking (furniture, clocks etc.). I just started turning so I could do table legs. But the attraction of actually finishing a project in one session is pretty strong.

I have registered carterspens.com just in case. I'm an advertising/public relations professional, so I could make them look good enough to sell. Just afraid somebody might be disappointed.

I'm gradually building up enough inventory that I'm thinking about it, or I might do a show or two just to see if anybody likes them. So far, I've been giving them away. Make nice client gifts.

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />
Originally posted by cdcarter
<br />Majestic is a great kit, but not worth $50 IMO. It's too pretentious to actually pull out and use in polite society.

Well, then sell them to impolite people!! [;)]

Nice work, keep it up.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by cdcarter
<br />OK, changed it just for you. How about pens with caps? I'm relatively new here and don't always use the same lexicon.

For a supreme nit-pickiness comment. [;)] They are non-posting.
BTW, they are also great looking and beautiful.

Milpaul

Great job - one of my favorite woods also. It just seems that the pics never bring out the beauty of the wood. To answer polarbare's question the Majestic is from PSI.

gerryr

I haven't seen very many Majestics posted, but IIRC, this is the first one where the kit didn't clash with the material. With a kit that elaborate, the material needs to be plain and elegant. You got the right material, basic black. Nice job on all of them. But, watch out for cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom