1 laminated pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Well as been long time I did turn some things so yesterday ( Sunday for me ) I did this pen and a bowl, the blank was ready 2 months ago but got no time to turn before ( some one as to work to pay bills :D ) The blanks as been cut by hand with a fret saw, Banksia wood and Rock Maple, one mistake I did is to mix 2 different type of wood, Banksia wood is soft wood, Rock Maple is hard wood. Any comments are welcome

Thanks

2005101041826_first%20laminated%20blank.jpg

2005101041855_laminated2.jpg

2005101041922_laminated3.jpg

Serge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

Thanks for your comments but personaly I'm disapointed, the blanks is asimetric as it can be but the result is no what I was expecting, will try another blank, but will go to a friend place and use is scroll saw [:D] that will be easy

Darley

Thanks for all your cheerfull comments, Ron in Drums PA is true more practice will produce a better pen.

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Serge,
I like it. How thick are the laminates in the blank?

Ron Mc the lamination is 1.2 m/m = 3/64", I have to use the wife steam pot to steam the laminate especialy the small curve and put on clamp overnight then glued up the next day, this is how the circle happen on the bottom barrel

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Great job, Serge. The design looks very aboriginal. Well, actually it looks more Maori, but you get what I mean. That's also a great looking banksia bowl you have in the other thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom