1 of Georges's blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chromey

Chromey

I received a nice package of blanks from Austrailia, George did me proud. This is his #33 Tortuosa/Corkscrew willow. The only thing I'll say is "gentle" is the operative word...beautiful patterns. Thanks again George, fun contest.

Attachments

• 2015-07-11 11.48.58.jpg
    2015-07-11 11.48.58.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 2015-07-11 11.50.14.jpg
    2015-07-11 11.50.14.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 250

robutacion

I received a nice package of blanks from Austrailia, George did me proud. This is his #33 Tortuosa/Corkscrew willow. The only thing I'll say is "gentle" is the operative word...beautiful patterns. Thanks again George, fun contest.

I'm glad you are pleased with the blanks you received...!:wink:

Nice looking pen, not my preferred type kits due to its diameters variations from top to bottom but, you certainly dressed it well, the finish does show also well the yellows this timber can have, some go almost orange...!

Keep up the good work, mate...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Chromey

I'm glad you are pleased with the blanks you received...!:wink:

Nice looking pen, not my preferred type kits due to its diameters variations from top to bottom but, you certainly dressed it well, the finish does show also well the yellows this timber can have, some go almost orange...!

Keep up the good work, mate...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Thanks George definitely not my fav kits either.....Having said that with my R/A in hands it's tough sometimes to get curves right. My Left-hand is very claw-like. Not my best work for sure, but wanted it out there for the folks to see your wood.

Last edited:
Top Bottom