1/2 of my stingray and ivory baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jogregmon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogregmon

In the process of moving and working 12's for an exercise so I thought I would show this due to the interest. Probably won’t finish it for another week or so. Need to work on the seam. What do you guys think?

2006330294_stingray.jpg

20063303143_stingray1.1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

That looks really great. If you are going to use the ivory inlay through the length of the pen, why not (on future pens anyway) place it where the seam is, thereby eliminating any issues with a visible seam?

Tea Clipper

The first photo is a bit confusing at first. The background is close in color to the cap so it isn't so obvious at first what is what. There is also a sharp line reflection which at first glance one would assume is the seam. The second picture puts everything back into perspective - and wow! that is nice looking![:)] Now that I know where the seam is, I have to say I think you're being overly critical because I don't see anything wrong with it. Super job!

chigdon

That is just awesome! I love the combination with the ivory. The other direction could be a thin strip of ebony or blackwood. Very inspirational.

BigRob777

This is a first for me. Is that actually stingray skin? I caught two of them over 30 pounds and one was 35. I kept the stinger of the bigger one.

Oh yeah, reallllllly nice pen. Don't sweat the seam, it seems like none of us can really recognize it, as a seam. I was trying my first baron, also my first x-cut zebrawood. Not a good combination. It was also my first epoxy glue in. Major blow-out.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom