~BROOKS SQUIRE~

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Since I have been so busy this year working on blanks, my time being able to turn stuff has been next to nothing, so I figured I would use one of Brooks blanks from last years castaway box. Reverse painted black, MM-12k

2012-04-10 22.48.14.jpg

2012-04-10 22.47.28.jpg

2012-04-10 22.48.59.jpg

2012-04-10 22.50.39.jpg

2012-04-10 22.50.01.jpg

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

That looks great! I really like how the blank matches the components.
David

thanks David, I've learned through watching others on here that Green goes really well with gold! I wont lie, this is the first Brooks Blank for me to turn, i was indeed a bit nervous about the color of the reverse paint. I worried that I may not have complete coverage, but i surprised myself!:biggrin:

The master strikes again.

Far from that Dan, but thanks for the compliment!

I really loved the overall look of the way this turned out. I made it for a Customer Service Manager at work who has been a great deal of help since I started this new position and I have bailed her out of some tight spots also with making sure orders got on the trucks for the next day, even after the cutoff times. I really enjoy making things for people as gifts and get the biggest gratification from seeing the smiles on their faces as I hand them a pen I custom made for them. In this case, all i did was turn the blank, finish and assemble. But I told her when i handed it to her this morning that a good friend in SC made the blank:biggrin:. I always try to give credit to others when it is due.

Cherie

I love the pen, but I really need to ask another dumb question (coming from me that is nothing new) What is reverse painting??

seamus7227

I love the pen, but I really need to ask another dumb question (coming from me that is nothing new) What is reverse painting??

Cherie,
first of all, the only dumb question is the one you dont ask!:biggrin: Reverse painting is where you paint the inside of the drill hole rather than the brass tube. Therefore, if done right, preventing any air pockets from showing through the blank. If you have done any acrylic blanks and only painted the tube you will probably understand what i mean.

Top Bottom