* sigh * I wish I had more time...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kmla

kmla

In between the time it takes to take care of a house, a wonderful wife, two great kids who are involved in sports, and a stumpy legged dog with chewing issues - I manage to schedule about 20 minutes every other Wednesday night to spend time makin' pens...

Here is what I have produced lately... *sigh* I wish I could take a good picture.

#1 - Amboyna Burl Sedona. The chatoyance on this blank is really nice. Only had one blowout while putting this one together. D'oh!

#2 - Black & White acrylic Sedona. Looks like a Holstein cow. :)

#3 - Green acrylic Baron. Has really nice depth.

Lemme know what you think. Except about my photography skills. I already know they are lacking.:bulgy-eyes:

Attachments

• AB Sedona.jpg
    AB Sedona.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 256
  • BW Sedona.jpg
    BW Sedona.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Green Acrylic Baron.jpg
    Green Acrylic Baron.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 233
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Don't ya just hate it when life gets in the way of shop time?:frown: I think your pens look good. I especially like the last one!

danroggensee

never enough time to what we love to do today was the first time i got in the shop in over a week and all i got done was to clean up and make one Cartrage pen

Dannie

broitblat

Well, at least if you don't have enough time (and who ever does), we can see that the time you do have is spent turning out some high quality.

-Barry

cnirenberg

Don't ya just hate it when life gets in the way of shop time?:frown: I think your pens look good. I especially like the last one!

Mike,
I screamed out load "Yes", but I misread your post. Thought it said "Wife" not "life". Oh well.

On another note, those are great looking pens, I'm with you, it seems to take forever to make something these days. Been working on a clicker here and there for 2 weeks.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I am not looking for an argument, so please read this in your most non-confrontational voice:

Time is the great equalizer-we all have the same 24 hour day. YOU determine what YOU do with it. When I started turning pens, I thought I had no free time. But, as my son got older, I realized he could turn WITH me.

Not looking to preach, just recognize that you will look back on your life and remember how you treated your family, especially your kids. You will have time, once they leave home, to indulge yourself, in hobbies.

FWIW!! LIVE every day as if it could be your last---it COULD!!

JohnU

Beautiful set of pens. The third is my fav. I can relate. I have two teenagers that keep me running and a six month old that keeps me awake. They grow so fast that you dont know where the time went and then wish you had more with them. My pen time is a few hours on my two days off and occasionally after I get home from work at night while waiting for the first feeding. LOL Ive decided to start a note book for my ideas for when I do get the time to explore them.

Top Bottom