**Oops*** Caribbean Waters, NOT Paradise Blue on Fancy Slim/Comfort

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from underdog

underdog

Another Rhino Plastics acrylic on a Fancy Slimline/Comfort from Exotic Blanks. **and it's a Carribean Waters, not a Paradise Blue blank.***

I'm getting the time down...

I ran up to the shop at quarter of eight, unlocked, turned on the fans and lathe, set up between centers, turned, wetsanded, polished, and assembled, ran back to the house, and took pictures.. by nine fifteen.

Not bad for hour and a half?

Attachments

• ParadiseBlueSlimComfortRight.jpg
    ParadiseBlueSlimComfortRight.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 260
  • ParadiseBlueSlimComfortRightBack.jpg
    ParadiseBlueSlimComfortRightBack.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Jim!!!

Turning pens is for FUN!!!!

Exercise can be had by running wind sprints---that CAN be fun too, but don't mix your sports!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Nice looking pen---good color, nice pearl, well done!!:highfive:

underdog

Well, y'know, I had the window of opportunity. The wife was watching her program, and I had only the hour...:)

Still have problems getting that perfect fit between nib and blank, and this one should have been reverse painted... next few will get done that way, and I'll be a little more careful on the mounting...

I think the navy blue paint on the tube works ok with this blank but I'm curious how white or light blue would work...

underdog

Yeah... .you might be right about that. I should look at the amount it sticks out, as well as the amount it retracts before deciding where to put the tranny.

As for the nib/blank fit, I can still feel a "bump" when I run my fingers across it. It's not perfect til I can't tell if there's a transition... But there's that "P" word again....

PenMan1

I see lots of nice improvements, Jim. I told you the alternative materials is not the dark side, just another side. Now, polymer clay IS the dark side there's no disputing that :)

Nice job! Slow down and enjoy those nice, long stringy ribbons coming from your lathe. It take me MORE than an hour just to remember where i put the glue. You get no style points for speed...just accuracy. Keep up the good work!!!

underdog

Thanks for the compliments..

Went up to the shop last night and realized the Paradise Blue was still in the box.... So this blank must have been the Caribbean Waters... *ooops* I still like it...

bitshird

Nice looking blank, the fit looks good but like you said feel tells more than the pics can, I like the Rhino blanks, like Andy said slow and easy win the race. You could try and do what I did once, I told my wife to shut up and let me turn my pens, and after three nights on the floor of the old shop, she let me back in the house!!!

Top Bottom