$5.00 Civil War Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This one is for my little Brothers Birthday Today, He already has one of these in red and gray and he claims that I never give him any money. So here is a civil war pen done with a (reduced replica :wink:) "Confederate States of America" $5.00 Dollar Bill, It is cast in Alumilite and sanded to 1500 then plastix polished. It is on a black ti kit.
Any Comments Welcome, and Thanks for looking. :biggrin:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Civil War 1.jpg
    Civil War 1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 713
  • Civil War 2.jpg
    Civil War 2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Civil War 3.jpg
    Civil War 3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Excellent pen, color matching and photography! I love the way it looks as though it's lit from the bottom. and the Black TN is complimented by the coloring of the background and the balls (eggs, magnets, whatever they are) the pen is resting on.

ctubbs

That style is one of my least favorite styles, but what you have done makes the Civil War pen a real stand out. Great job on a difficult style pen to bring through. The fit and finish is spot on. Tying the Confederate currency in with that style is near perfect. Congratulations.
Charles

klibra

I am new to pen turning and I have to say this is a great pen! I love it. Great job! Do you have any suggestions where to buy the pen kits? I wouldn't mind trying one these.

maxman400

Great looking pen and a excellent gift Max! brother will love it,also Max that's a real nice casting job, what's your choice of glue when gluing things too the tube's.
This is the first Decal-Photo type casting that I have done. I used Avery's self adhesive shipping labels. I did some testing with how well they stuck to the tubes by leaving them on for 24 hours then trying to pull them off. They were a bear to get off. I sealed the edges with thin CA and allowed it to dry for three hours before casting. I sealed the ink with Krylon Cristal clear spray.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Great job! Although I think it's too good for your little brother....maybe you should keep it(?).

maxman400

Great job! Although I think it's too good for your little brother....maybe you should keep it(?).
I thought about that,,, But yesterday was his Birthday and he is my Little Brother so he already has it. :present: But now I have an excuse to cast me one with a $100.00 Dollar Bill. :smile-big: Maybe a set of Union and Confederate $100's.
It's research time!!!:)

snyiper

Max great job on the pen I have to say it is or was my least favorite style out there untill you pulled this off !!!!

Top Bottom