$18,000.00 pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Here is the most expensive pen I will ever turn, it's also the first closed end pen I've done, Sunday I made a pin chuck, and created this Spalted Magnolia Satin Nickel Closed End Baron, The cost of this pen will probably wind up closer to twenty five or thirty thousand by the time the Dr.s visits and the therapy are done.
And we still haven't received a bill from the local hospital, but it can't be much, all they did was fill me full of Morphine and let me lay there and bleed for 7 hours :doctor:, any way, what do you think of the pen, I know it'd kinda spendy, but other than the price, Cause I ain't selling it for a penny less, how does it look :biggrin:

closed-end-magnolia.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Better put that one in the safe. I like it though, just sorry it has hurt you so badly. I guess it could have been far worse and I am glad for you that it wasn't. :)

Get well quickly we need to see more of your work. :biggrin:

B727phixer

Ken,
Like Paul said you do better with one hand that I can do with two. That pen looks great. How come there isn't any red? Ohhh...That is a bad joke! Hope you are doing better!:redface:

redfishsc

For that kind of price, you oughta used Ti-gold and at least give one of those felt drawstring pouches with it!

It is reaaaal pretty though! Nice work. Even more impressive: no blood stains on the wood.

Ligget

For $18,000 dollars I would expect gold titanium hardware at least, lol :clown:

Beautiful pen, I like the shape you gave the body, fantastic picture too! :)

dntrost

I'll pass as it seems to be shaped like a finger :bananen_smilies051:
OK that was bad. But I am glad your are getting back into it and hopefully you will be using both hands soon so that at least you aren't showing us up with one! :cowboy:

Buzz

As beautiful as that pen is, and it certainly is a stunner, I'm not sure that its worth what it cost you. Great that you're back in to it. I might have been tempted to burn that particular blank given the trouble it caused. Great job.

Grizz

Banned
Okay, I went through the whole thread no links to what happened.... so, what happened?

Jarheaded

Not bad for a one handed part time turner, but can you juggle it? It's good to see that you are back at it. I hope your therapy goes good for you. When all is done and you start selling pens again, you can show people that you will really do anything to make a better pen. Congatulations on getting over the hump.

bitshird

Okay, I went through the whole thread no links to what happened.... so, what happened?
Grizz; Last month July 13th I cut part of my left index finger off, and did massive damage to the middle finger of same hand on a table saw, this pen is made from the Magnolia that I was cutting at the time, Actually my insurance has covered all but about 130.00, for which I am grateful.
I really want to thank every one for the very kind comments, this pen is now a permanent reminder (not that the shortened stub wont be), but it has proven to be a great conversation starter and it writes OK for a Hauser refill.
The physical therapy has helped a lot,I would be lost with out it, I may or may not regain the ability to bend the tip of the middle finger due to the fact they had to put a pin through the first joint all the way back to the middle joint, I'm hoping I get some bending in it, but it's going to be a bit hard playing guitar for a while, however it could have been so much worse, so I'll keep a good outlook, and hope for the best, and sort of listen to my therapist, she's pretty cool.
Thanks for the comments, Y'all is a bunch of fine folks :peace:

bitshird

Could you play the guitar before the accident? Cause if you couldn't Therapy isn't going to help :biggrin:

Yup used to be able to, a lot of really good guitarists learned to deal with injury's far worse than mine, right now everything is weak, I tried my best acoustic and things just aren't where they are supposed to be.

mobrackett

I Know what your going through! A biscuit cutter got me while building my wife's new kitchen. She knew blood, sweet, and tears went into it. You must keep the pen!!
Get better quick.

fyrcaptn

$18,000 doesn't seem like a fair price somehow...

What a great looking pen. One day maybe I'll be brave enough to try one of those closed end jobs.

Glad you are back at it. Seems like just a few days ago was reading of the misfortune.

Amazing insurance coverage. Its only money, right?? (somehow so much easy to say when its someone else's money.) We are still paying for surgeries, 11 different doctors, untold tests, etc etc etc. Seems there's no end to it, but all in all its hard to mind too much since I still got the LOML to fuss about it all with!

Keep up the therapy and the great work.

Top Bottom