"Worthless Wood" Mescalbean Closed End

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is my latest creation, a closed end Jr. Gent in Mescalbean "Worthless Wood". This is my first closed end pen and I did it with a regular mandrel similiar to the method Don Ward wrote about. It has a CA finish and is filled with gold Alumilite. This is my new go-to-meeting pen!

Comments good or bad always appreciated. Thanks for looking!

200812262146_MescalWWClosedEnd.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Alumilite actually sells 'gold dust' which behaves a bit differently than the pearl stuff that most of us have been using, it's actually metal dust. I think Curtis is the only one who I've seen pull it off successfully. For me it comes out kind of muddy, but you can't beat the look if you use it right. It seems like it's more suited as a coating than a filler, like gold leaf, but Curtis has great luck with it.

Beautiful pen of course, Curt! I just did my first closed-end the other day, but it didn't turn out near as striking as yours did.

JayDevin

Curtis, you are my worthless wood GOD!!, I have been looking a scraps with a whole new light! and I always seem to run out of Alumilite! Your Work is Stunning !

Mather323

Curtis if you are looking for any bad comments I don't believe you will find any here!:D While you may take this pen to your meetings, I made it my wallpaper. That is one of the nicest pens I have seen! A+++++++++. :):)

jhs494

That is beautiful Curtis. What a great looking piece of wood and you made it into a fabulous pen.
Way to inspire!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Thanks everyone for the very nice comments!

JayDevin, your comment is especially nice but I'm not sure it is deserved since your pen won the pen maker's challenge! Congrats!

Mather323, I am honored and flattered. I think you are the only person I know that has my pen on their wallpaper! You made my day!

Top Bottom