"My Emperor"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

So it was time to treat myself again. [:p] The last pen I made myself was a snakewood Olympia. So I had this wonderfull piece of aged snakewood from BB laying around for something special, It was a 1" sq piece. So here is MY new pen. (well, for awhile) :D
Thanks for looking :) Comments welcome.

200511415361_emp_snake.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

WOW oh WOW, Anthony that is magnificent. Snakewood to me is a regal looking wood to begin with and goes well with the Emperor. In my opinion now that I've been thinking about this for a while and have made a few of these is that the more plain the wood the better with these kits. BUT snakewood, is one of those woods that to me are plain and fancy at the same time if you know what I mean.

Maybe your snakewood won't crack as easy with this kit because the wood ends up thicker espicially the cap. Keep your fingers crossed.

Wayne

PenWorks

Thanks for the comments. Here is a picture of it capped and allready at work at my desk. I have been using my new Parker all week and I must say, when I pick this up and start writing it feels like a sledge hammer [:D] But in a good way [:p] I robbed a Bexley 18K nib from another pen I had, and although this is suppose to be a FINE nib, it writes just like my medium 14K nibs.

Wayne, I tried every trick I knew to keep from cracking, Glued the inside of the tube after drilling, then reborded. CA on the blank 3 times during the turning, plus I reamed the crap out of the tubes to releave any pressure when putting the parts in, we will see.

2005114163816_emp_snake_cap.jpg
<br />

Fangar

Dear Pen Gods. I wish I wish with all my might to keep that grain locked up tight. Don't let the gremlins get inside and cause a crack on the outside. And if they do than that's not fair Anthony will have to change his underwear. Cause that is one of his pertiest pens to date, only you can decide its fate. No cracko, No crack, No cracko, El Cracko No Bueno. Quick Chant it with me!

Ok. That is the only thing we haven't tried to keep that wood from cracking. Should be ok now. I'm spent.
=============
Awesome pen. I have two of those blanks in my cabinet. That will be what I make my first emperor out of. Cause I am all about taking the bull by the horns.

Fangar

PenWorks

James, thank you for the chant to the pen gods, it can't hurt. [:D]

I never lit a candle at church for a pen, I just might on Sunday [8D]

Dan

Another masterwork Anthony, the Olympia is a kit well deserving of the skill of a master and you've done it again. The Snakewood (so where do the rest of us mortals find that stuff?) is mesmerizing and perfectly matched to the kit.

Dan

PenWorks

Thanks Dan, you can find snake wood from BB, he has it in & out of stock. I also got some from Pens of Color that was nice and sometimes on ebay if you do a search.

It is a wood for the gods, because they're the only ones that can keep it from spliting [:D]

its_virgil

Try http://www.westpennhardwoods.com
I just got 6 blanks from them and they are nice. Also have larger pieces. No affiliation with WPH, just a satisfied customer.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Thanks Dan, you can find snake wood from BB, he has it in & out of stock. I also got some from Pens of Color that was nice and sometimes on ebay if you do a search.

It is a wood for the gods, because they're the only ones that can keep it from spliting [:D]

Randy_

Anthony: I can't believe you would have such an ugly pen anywhere close to your shop. Send that sucker to me immediately and I'll do you the favor of seeing that it is properly disposed of!![:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom