"Long body" El-Toro FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Firefyter-emt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Well this pen took 3 shots to build! The first time you may remember was that closed end cocobolo one I messed up the cap on, the second time I built the body and had a delay on the cap. In that time the African Blackwood body cracked. This time I used acrylic as I figure the pen just did not want to be wooden!

This pen was modified by using the El-presidente body tube so I can use an ink pump. I currantly have Swisher Maroon in this one. ;)

31807.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

You know one thing I really like is that the thread alingment can only start in one place. The cap lines up the "grain" every time (if the acrylic had some) The post end does it too, in fact I may knock the end cap out so I can reset the position of the cap as the clip is facing my hand.

Firefyter-emt

Thanks guys.. I also forgot to mention that this was my first try without a mandrel. This was turned between centers. (Dead center in the headstock & live center in the tailstock) I did use the bushings and held it like that. It worked very well and I personaly found it much easier to check with my calipers, just takes a second to pull it right off the lathe and put it back again. [:D]

I will be doing this a lot more, mabye from now on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom