"Double cast earth euro".

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

stevers

Hi All,
This is the result of the "My version of the Earth Cast blank,,,," I posted in Casting and Stabilization. I had a small problem with the nib end. I hid it in the photo. There are still a couple of issues I am trying to work through with my version of the Double Cast. I know some already use this method but I am just getting into it and have a couple of wrinkles to iron out. It's going real well though. I just love the deep shine it produces.

This is a cheep rhodium euro, closed end, eucalyptus wood and blue mica powder in PR.

Oh, and thanks to Karl for the idea of the earth cast and constamj for the beautiful job of turning it and naming it.

20084953216_earth%20cast%20euro%20crop%20oval.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Steve - that is one of the nicest WWs I have seen. Great job on the double cast. Wonderful finish and great photo. Thanks for sharing.

stevers

Thanks folks, I appreciate the kind words.
Thanks Bruce. Means a lot, you sort of got me going in the casting bizz. Learned a lot from the SeaHawks endeavor.
Sorry Tim, maybe next one.[:p]

MobilMan

Got one over on ya fellers. Just met Steve the other day. Real nice guy. It would be highly impossible to photograph that pen and show the real beauty and depth the double casting does. Just like the pens on his site--ya ought to see the real thing. Beautiful work.

stevers

You are very kind Richard. The wife and I throughly enjoyed our night out. It was great to talk to another turner and woodworker. I'm going to post a specific topic in Casual some time this weekend about out time.

Top Bottom