"Brown" Curly Poplar Jr Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpens

This is the first of 8 Jr Statesman pens I am making for a customer who generously let me decide what to make for him. It is made from brown curly poplar. The dye looks more orange than brown though. This was the first pen that I used Lou's TSW on. My initial impression of TSW is that it is fantastic! I hope the photo shows the gloss.
Thanks, Lou. :)
2005128225529_01280006.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

Thanks for the comments. I used ca and micromesh, then I applied the TSW and buffed it. Someone said that TSW makes you want a pina colada. They're right! [:D]

Gary

Having spent so many years in flat woodworking I hated that ugly greenish popular. But the dyed curly popular is real beauty when turned!

woodpens

Originally posted by Gary
<br />Having spent so many years in flat woodworking I hated that ugly greenish popular. But the dyed curly popular is real beauty when turned!
I used it in some cabinets myself, so I was very hesitant to try it. It is now my favorite of the dyed stabilized woods that I have tried. Boxelder Burl is nice and takes the dye well, but you can't beat the curl in the poplar.
I appreciate all the comments. Now, I need to get out there and make the other 7 Jr Statesman and 8 Jr Gents for the guy. These are truly my favorite styles. I have to add the Baron to that list, but all three are very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom