A "Blunt" Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KKingery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKingery

Well, needless to say, Mr. Murphy came to visit today, along with his Aunt, and 3 bad cousins! Nothing seemed to go right. This picture is what I managed to salvage from 2 kits. The lower portion, and internal mechanism, is your basic Cigar pen. However, the top is made from some spare Patriot parts. I think I'll have to call this cigar a "Blunt". It does work, since the Patriot cap fits on the cigar transmission. The clip is in place with CA.

200521725819_Blunt%20Cigar.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Excellent save and a great idea, the pen looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing your idea, it could come in handy someday. [:)]

opfoto

Nice Pen. Great Save. Might work extremely well with the folks that have stubby fingers. Might wanna call it Stubby Cigar instead....[B)]

G

I like it as a regular design!
Have you "stress" tested the clip?
Ca glue sometimes will only stick when you don't want it to and not stick when you do in an application like this.

KKingery

I have'nt stressed the clip yet - I wanted it to have ample time to cure. I seriously doubt I'll sell this one, as I don't want the headache if it ever busts. But it was an interesting fix to a problem. The whole thing started when I pressed the original clip in the wrong end of the original top barrel (stupid mistake - just was'nt paying attention) Of course, what goes in did'nt want to come back out! Luckily, I had saved the scrap end of the original blank because I thought it might make a nice centerband for something some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom