So.Tx. Chapter still active??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TxDade

Is the South Texas chapter still active? I'm new and have checked here several times but see no activity. Maybe everyone is a member of the Coastalbend Woodturners Club. I'll keep checking back every so often. :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

surveyzo

Howdy Dave,

Sorry for the late reply. It's been a long time since the last time we met. I need to send an email the guys in the group to see who's still turning pens.

Alonzo

TxDade

Hi Alonzo, I about gave up on any answer here. Glad to see someone post. I was just curious if anything was going on with the local chapter.I have only been turning for a few months here. I'll continue to keep an eye on this forum. Thanks for the post, was nice to finally see someone from the area that is interested in pen turning.

Dave

carlos63

Hello Folks, I am new, have never turned anything and do not own a lathe or any tools. However, I am eager to learn with a desire to make "kitless" fountain pens. I live in the Mid-County (Port Neches, Groves, Nederland and Port Arthur) area.

Charlie

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Seeing as how the last reply to this post was nearly a year ago, are there any active members in the South Texas/Corpus Christi area?

flyitfast

Hi Clark,
A little far to drive, but you are welcome to join us at the Alamo Penturners Chapter in San Antonio.
We meet at Woodcraft on the 1st Thur at 6:30pm.
If you are ever in town on that day of the month, come join us. For that matter, everyone is welcome.
Gordon

Cmiles1985

Welcome to the forum Blaze. There aren't many of us S. Texas folk around here. At least, active in the forum. I think the closest we get is San Antonio!

Cmiles1985

Hi Ryan, it's nice to see a couple of us around. I know of one fellow at work that is in to pen turning as well. I have recommended joining the forum to him, but don't know that he has.
Do you know of any others around?

CoastalRyan

Just Willee but I don't know if he's still an active turner. He's retired from cue making the last I talked to him.

I've come across some people's work being retailed around a few thrift shops but not much beyond that.

I think there's an active wood working group here in town but from what I gather they're more bowl and bigger project oriented.

CoastalRyan

I live in 78412.

Even 4-5 members would probably be worth a semi regular meeting. Share ideas, methods.

Some regular group orders would be nice too.

With the exception of this weekend I usually have plenty of free time so if we can find a few that are interested in gathering feel free to count me in.

Top Bottom