Tornado's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Acornelius

Hey all,
Finally got power back up on Monday night. I would really like to hear from anyone in the area, and make sure everyone is alright.

Alex

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

Hey Alex,
Just my internet back up this morning. I had a couple of trees down, but the landlord took care of them. One knocked down my internet, but it is fixed as of 30 minutes ago. We were very blessed. Now I have some pecan and chinaberry wood to turn.

Acornelius

Keith,
Good to hear from you. Have you heard from any of the others? My father-in-law, Danny, his subdivision got leveled. His house and one other was the only one's of 70 that made it.
We got our power back at midnight last night. Boy did we get lucky.
Now maybe our lives can return to some normalcy.
At our last meeting I told you I would try to turn you some bushings for TBC, but I can't remember what kit you wanted them for? Can you tell me again? I'm loosing my mind in my old age. Also, I normally turn my bushings .001-.002 below finished size so I can build back up with CA. Do you want them undersize like mine, or the same as finished size?

Alex

SGM Retired

Hi Alex, All is well here. Did not lose power or any trees, my son and family did so they moved in for a few days. Can't say the same 2 miles down the road. Have been down at Anderson Hills helping to clean up with chain saw and tractor. Heading out again tomorrow for another long day. Lives have been changed forever after this, now I can see what an EF4 can do. Have not been able to turn any pens but hope to soon. Thanks for checking up on us.

Gary

WHSKYrvr1

I haven't been to any of the club meetings, but I am glad to see that someone has asked about the Northern ALA turners. Keith, I'm glad to see that you made it through okay. I just lost some tree tops, but no damage to the house. I hope everyone else is okay.

Doug

Acornelius

Doug,
glad to hear you're okay. I think within a 1/2 mile radius there's complete destruction all around me. Other than about 30' of fence and a couple of shingels we escaped any damage.
You should come to some of the get togethers. I've been to the last two, and have had a blast.
I'm not too far from you. I'm in Monrovia.

Alex

firewhatfire

down in Shelby Co. pretty new here and to pen turning. We were blessed to have it go just North of us. Where do ya'll have a gathering and is anyone invited? I may try to make one some time.

Phil

Acornelius

Phil,
Glad you escaped the storms. We meet here in North Alabama in the Madison/Monrovia/Athens area. You should come to the next one. There are a really great bunch of guys that attend. We always have a good time. I'm new to pen turning as well, and the information I have picked up at the get together is invaluable.

Alex

skeenum

Storms and damage on all sides here in Trinity, no damage to our subdivision. Family in Tanner suffered some small damages to houses. We were without power until Sunday noon.
We were blessed. So many others suffered great loss.
Good to hear from you guys.
Stan

BamaYank

Reporting in from N.E. AL

Hey All,
The BamaYank here! Been very busy in our neck of the woods lately, between cleaning up the mess around our house and working to put our Church back together and all. Becky and I were very Blessed compared to other in our area. First of all with Gods grace we are alive and well. Very little damage to our house and to our detached garage on our adjoining piece of property. Mainly porch columns and railing on all three sides of house and the garage roof shingles all blown off on west side of roof and a few more on the east side but not as bad as west side. Approx. 30 trees down on both our lots. what a mess! Really not complaining, damage is nothing that a little insurance, a deductible, and time won't fix.
Now go west of our garage about 50 yards it is TOTAL Devastation. Those are the people we need to pray for and help get back up!!!!!! Homes, live stock, cars, you name it that use to be there are GONE! The only good thing to report from Bridgeport, AL is we only had 1 fatality and that was a 14 year old boy. May God have mercy on his soul and look after his family doing these trying times.

Top Bottom