Tennessee & Northern Alabama

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Yesterday the 30th of May was the first meeting of our local chapter, It was hosted by the wonderful folks at the Woodcraft Store in Franklin Tn.
There were nine of us braved the weather and traffic to get there, although a few lived within walking distance, I think Tim Seger (tseger)get's the nod for the longest distance travled, either him or Stan Keenum (s.keenum), in attendance were
Stan Keenum, (s.keenum) Keith Long, (keith long) George Thomas (shadow man) Tim Seger (tseger) Louis Bryant (louisbry) David Woodruff (davdw) John Gwin (no IAP left) David Newbern (old man 5050) and my self Ken Ferrell (bitshird)
Tin Seger left us all with some great miniature turnings, I suspect he figured I had a drinking problem, so he left me an unbelievably tiny goblet that is just too cool.
All in All I think it was great to put faces to the names I've seen here for the past few years,
here is the picture of the first attendees of this new chapter
first-meeting.jpg

Unfortunately with my short term memory loss I am not able to associate every ones name with their place in the picture but to the best of my ability here goes, If I'm not certain who is whom, I'll put a question mark in that spot, hopefully the owner of the face will let me know where I went wrong, and I'll edit the list.
Beginning at the far left I believe may be George Thomas (shadow man) then myself Ken Ferrell (bitshird) to the right Tim Seger (tseger) next to Tim in front I believe is Louis Bryant (louisbry) next to him in the front row, the man with the great beard is David Woodruf (davdw)and next to Dave is Keith Long (keith long) The two gents in the back row I'believe the one on the left side is John Gwin and next to him I think is Stan Keenum (skeenum) then standing sort of off to the far right side is David Newbern (oldman 5050)
Keith brought some great Walnut and cartridge cases , Tim also brought some great looking Oak and the great miniatures, and we had a fun time. Then we all made our wife's angry and went out and bought stuff, (dangerous place to hold meetings these Woodcraft stores)

And here is a picture of the incredible goblet that Tim was kind enough to give me.
Goblet.jpg
that massive thing next to the goblet is a standard ink cartridge.

If I have any ones pictures not with their correct names, please forgive me, let me know and I'll edit it and set it straight.
Until we meet again Thanks for coming.
Ken

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tseger

Thanks for setting this up, Ken. I thought it was a great success. I really enjoyed meeting a few of the IAP members. We're gonna have to adjust our local chapter name, though. Us poor Mississippi folk feel left out. I think you got some of the names and faces mixed up, but I'll let them chime in for corrections. I'm looking forward to our next meeting.

shadow man

Ken,
I had a lot of fun at the meeting. Thank you for setting it up and thanks again to Woodcraft for hosting. I am the one on the far left with the blue shirt. Looking forward to the next meeting.
Thanks again
George (Shadow Man)

louisbry

Many thanks to Ken and Woodcraft. I think a good time was had by all and am looking forward to the next gathering. I'm the one in the left front with a blue shirt and not wearing a cap.

Thanks again,

skeenum

Ken,
Thanks for setting up the meeting. I enjoyed myself very much. I am already looking forward to the next meeting. I am the second person from the right in the back row.
Thanks again,

Stan Keenum

keithlong

Well Ken it looks like you did manage to get mine right. I guess it could be because I was the biggest one there, LOL. I di have a great time and it was nice to meet all of you. Thanks Ken for setting this up. Look forward to the next meeting.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I realy enjoyed the meeting. its great to be able to put names with real faces in person. I hope we have anothe meeting and maybe can set up a cookout and demo of some sort.... look forward to the next one......... David

Top Bottom