September IAP Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

Gary (SGM Retired) has graciously offered to host our next IAP meeting at his shop. We will have the meeting on the 24th of September, beginning at 9:00 am. We want to open this invitation to any and all members, whether you are in the Tennessee, North Alabama chapter or not. I would also like to invite those of you who have never been to a chapter meeting to come out and join us. We want to also invite you to bring your spouse and children. Gary will be doing the grilling and he will be providing the meat (whatever that may be) and we ask that you bring a covered dish. Rain or shine this will take place as planned.

I would also like to mention that if you have something that you would like to share or demo with the group, please feel free to do so. There are some of us interested in learning how to cast our own blanks, so if you would like to share this, please come out and do so. I will be glad to do a demo on drilling deer antler on the lathe. If you have a problem drilling antler, you will want to see this demo.

Also bring your lounge chairs. I have a couple of Lathes and Gary has one also, but if you have a small one and want to bring it, feel free to do so.

Please let us know if you plan on coming, so that we will know how many plan on coming.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SGM Retired

Keith, You can count on me being there. If I'm not there y'all can start without me. Just kidding. Like Keith said if you would like to demo something just chime in and the worl is the limit. If someone would like go demo pepper mill, razors, or even ice cream scoope that would be good. See you there.
Gary

bitshird

I imagine Andrew and I will be there but it's a week after the Georgia Symposium, so if I'm not too beat up we'll be down, it was a great time at Gary's place last time, and we'll bring a lathe, some kits and blanks.

sseamen

Guys,

Carolina and I plan on being there. Not sure what we'll bring for a dish, but we'll try to come up with something tasty.

I've got some ideas for a demo, but I'll need to work on that some before I commit.

I'll bring my lathe along also. Lookin' forward to it.

SGM Retired

Ken, hope you and Andrew can make it looking forward to seeing you two as usual.

Steve, glad you and Carolina can make it. Look forward to seeing what you will demo.

Remember everyone is invited if you are in the area or just want to stop in and stay a while come on down. We have 2 rooms empty downstairs and also a camper that can spell a couple. Looking forward to having a good family visit from all and hope to learn a little too. If the spouse doesn't turn then he/she can sit on the back porch and watch the the trees growe with with my wife Nancy or hop on the tractor and take it for a spin. Also have 2 ATV's for kids (some adults, not you David) to ride on too.
Gary

Ursus

Gary/Keith/et al:

As of now, I plan to be there. I will bring my mini lathe & "stuff". I will have some examples of the stabalized wood as described in the "hand out" that I gave out at the last meeting. I will also have additional copies for distribution.

Also, I'll bring some "roadkill" for the pot.

Ila is planning to come with me.

Later,
B>^

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Count myself Peggy and Morgan in as usual Morgan looks foward to seeing you Gary, some how you have won her over..................Peggy is a great cook so what should she cook up????????

louisbry

Sorry I won't be able to make it because I will be in Florida visiting my grandkids. Sounds like a good meet and I wish I could be there. Turn one for me.

SGM Retired

Sounds good Ken, Antoine (a local turner) is planning on demo his bottle stopper methods also. I have never seen PR made so would really like to see someone show us. Just for the record my address is 30290 Harvest Road, Toney AL 35773 for those that are driving by in the area and would like to attend.
Gary

SGM Retired

The menu for Saturday will be BBQ Pork (pulled) and Chicken. We have a great BBQ place here. Be sure to give me a good head count if you are coming. If you are planning on attending list what dish (if any) you will bring so others will know. Don't won't 10 Bowles of bake beans, but I sure do like bake beans!!! I'l leave the doors cracked so air will flow.

homemade

Gary has asked me to demo pouring resins. I pour blanks for pens and bottle stoppers. I will bring my experiments, failures and successes so that you can see and learn from my mistakes. I am sure that you will find this very interesting. This will be my first meeting and look forward to meeting you. Did someone mention roadkill? I hope it either raccoon or ground hog. Those are my favorites, seriously!!. I lived off roadkill one year because I wasn't doing so good hunting that year.

keithlong

Here is the list of dishes that I know of for Saturday.
Keith- Pasta Salad, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole, Banana Pudding
Steve and Carolina- Tater Salid
Antanio- Blackberry Cobbler

Please add to the list if you are bringing anything.
Thanks Keith

Last edited:

jhprice

Wish I could be there with you all. Unfortunaly, I'm trying to get my act together for the Nilley Bipper the following week. Enjoy.

Ursus

Directions to Gary's place.

JDJ309:

This will give directions to the gathering. See you there.

Ursus

http://www.gnberryfarm.com/page7.html

Ursus

Here is the list of dishes that I know of for Saturday.
Keith- Pasta Salad, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole, Banana Pudding
Steve and Carolina- Tater Salid
Antanio- Blackberry Cobbler

Please add to the list if you are bringing anything.
Thanks Keith
Keith:

We will be bringing Cole Slaw, and Charlie-1 will be bringing Baked Beans (For Gary).

bitshird

Gary, Andrew and I may not make it, I wasn't even able to do our favorite show in Georgia. If I feel half decent we'll come, but no guarantees at this point.
Sorry, I was looking forward to it.

keithlong

To those of you who missed the meeting today, well all I can say is that you missed a goood meal and a great time of fellowship. And the demo that Antonio done was great. Thanks Gary for hosting the meeting and for the use of your facilities. I also want to thank all of you for coming, I always enjoy the information that is shared. I want to say a special thanks to all those that prepared food and brought it. Man can Gary EAT!!! Thanks again. Keith

SGM Retired

Wow Keith, you beat me to the punch talking about food. I wish your Mother would not have made such a great banana pudding today, I ate the rest tonight. Now I'm full!!! Can't Waite till tomorrow for the rest of the left overs. Now, back to the meeting. I had a great time and now understand the PR mixing secrets. Thanks AT for the Demo and can't Waite till Keith and I can come to visit you and check out the shop. Hope everyone had a great time and am glad the ladies were able to make it today. Steve, Boyce, Charli, David,and Al, glad you were able to attend and thanks for having the spouses over too. Morgan, you go girl!! You did good today driving the ATV, another 10 years you will be ready to start driving a car :). Keith, you ate more than me!! Tell the Ladies thanks for helping today with the food, sorry Nancy did not get to meet you all. She did make it back from Kuwait on time. Look forward to the next meeting.
Gary

Redstoneal

For the Sep IEP meet

Thanks gary and the rest of you experts for the fun timie yesterday. I can't believe I learn so much in a short period of time. Now if I could just implement what I learned..The casting of acrylic blanks and Boyces vacuum pump and talking to each of you shows that we all have something special someone else doesn't know..awesome. Thanks Gary for the host and all for the great meal provided. (Keith, i will remember to contact you ).

sseamen

Thanks

Gary,

Carolina and I also wanted to thank you for hosting a great meeting. She enjoyed meeting you and seeing some of the other guys again as well as talking to the other ladies. She was just sorry she didn't get to meet Nancy. Cheryl also enjoyed meeting everyone. We talked about it quite a bit that evening (maybe because Cheryl didn't want to talk about the football game :laugh:).

I for one am in favor of including significant others in more of our meetings.

BTW, we got Cheryl her horse trailor the next day. It is a gooseneck, not a fifth-wheeler and it is in great shape. Best of all, the guy was willing to dicker and we saved her $1K on it. :biggrin:

Top Bottom