International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Tennessee & Northern Alabama
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Tennessee & Northern Alabama Tennessee & orthern Alabama

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 2

Default September IAP Meeting

Gary (SGM Retired) has graciously offered to host our next IAP meeting at his shop. We will have the meeting on the 24th of September, beginning at 9:00 am. We want to open this invitation to any and all members, whether you are in the Tennessee, North Alabama chapter or not. I would also like to invite those of you who have never been to a chapter meeting to come out and join us. We want to also invite you to bring your spouse and children. Gary will be doing the grilling and he will be providing the meat (whatever that may be) and we ask that you bring a covered dish. Rain or shine this will take place as planned.

I would also like to mention that if you have something that you would like to share or demo with the group, please feel free to do so. There are some of us interested in learning how to cast our own blanks, so if you would like to share this, please come out and do so. I will be glad to do a demo on drilling deer antler on the lathe. If you have a problem drilling antler, you will want to see this demo.

Also bring your lounge chairs. I have a couple of Lathes and Gary has one also, but if you have a small one and want to bring it, feel free to do so.

Please let us know if you plan on coming, so that we will know how many plan on coming.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Keith, You can count on me being there. If I'm not there y'all can start without me. Just kidding. Like Keith said if you would like to demo something just chime in and the worl is the limit. If someone would like go demo pepper mill, razors, or even ice cream scoope that would be good. See you there.
Gary
SGM Retired is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 61

I imagine Andrew and I will be there but it's a week after the Georgia Symposium, so if I'm not too beat up we'll be down, it was a great time at Gary's place last time, and we'll bring a lathe, some kits and blanks.
bitshird is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 8

Guys,

Carolina and I plan on being there. Not sure what we'll bring for a dish, but we'll try to come up with something tasty.

I've got some ideas for a demo, but I'll need to work on that some before I commit.

I'll bring my lathe along also. Lookin' forward to it.
sseamen is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ken, hope you and Andrew can make it looking forward to seeing you two as usual.

Steve, glad you and Carolina can make it. Look forward to seeing what you will demo.

Remember everyone is invited if you are in the area or just want to stop in and stay a while come on down. We have 2 rooms empty downstairs and also a camper that can spell a couple. Looking forward to having a good family visit from all and hope to learn a little too. If the spouse doesn't turn then he/she can sit on the back porch and watch the the trees growe with with my wife Nancy or hop on the tractor and take it for a spin. Also have 2 ATV's for kids (some adults, not you David) to ride on too.
Gary
SGM Retired is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Gary/Keith/et al:

As of now, I plan to be there. I will bring my mini lathe & "stuff". I will have some examples of the stabalized wood as described in the "hand out" that I gave out at the last meeting. I will also have additional copies for distribution.

Also, I'll bring some "roadkill" for the pot.

Ila is planning to come with me.

Later,
B>^
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Keith,
I'll be there, but will probably leave around 11:00.
Acornelius is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-31-2011, 07:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 108

Count myself Peggy and Morgan in as usual Morgan looks foward to seeing you Gary, some how you have won her over..................Peggy is a great cook so what should she cook up????????
OLDMAN5050 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 275

Sorry I won't be able to make it because I will be in Florida visiting my grandkids. Sounds like a good meet and I wish I could be there. Turn one for me.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default Address

For those of us that don't know the area please tell us the address. Thanks