new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

homemade

Check out my two new pens. The slimline is made from a casting of rotten stabilized ant eaten wood from the once center of a maple tree. The fountain pen is made from stabilized Oregon maple burl found at the bottom of a scrap bin at a friends workshop. He couldn't believe that something as beautiful as this pen came from his wasted wood bin.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikellem

These are amazing... Great job. There is even a switch
to make them invisible. :)

I am sure he will post the pics after he realizes what
he didn't do..lol

Mike

SGM Retired

Keith, maybe that's a topic for the next meeting, how to post pics on IAP. If you notice I don't post any cause you have not taught me. Shame on you Keith, you need to take care of your younger brother. Lol.

homemade

Ooops, pics

I posted them, but not in a thread. I uploaded them this time in this msg. I hope they go through. By the way, I think I hit onto something with my pens. Julie and I went to a funeral home to visit the dead, but they weren't there, so we spoke with the director and showed him my portfolio. He bought my fountain pen and the one that was caste from the rotten wood into duo blu-grn resin. Later on I got to talking with one of the wives and brought up a pen that I was doing for my wife, using my shavings caste into resin. :rain::confused::eek: CREMATIONS!!!! I told her I could even do a pen using the ashes from one of those keep sake viles. She told me so many times people come in here not knowing what to do with the ashes. They just sit around collecting dust. I told her I could do it, but I am not sending back anything that was taken off the blank. Then, I got to thinking about inhaling that mess. Naaaah, I think I just pass on this one.

Attachments

• DSCN0628.jpg
    DSCN0628.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCN0621.jpg
    DSCN0621.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 300
  • DSCN0610.jpg
    DSCN0610.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCN0608.jpg
    DSCN0608.jpg