May TAT at the Redstone Craft Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sseamen

This months Freedom Pen Turn-A-Thon at the Redstone CraftShop will be Sunday, May 22. If any of Boyce's 'Farmers' have pens finished but don't plan to attend they can get with Gary (SGM_Retired), Keith (Keithlong), Al (Redstoneal), or myself to make arrangements to get the pens picked up and turned in.

If anyone would like to attend but doesn't have access to the arsenal, let us know. We may be able to arrange a pickup point at the Main gate and get you in to the Craftshop.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BamaYank

One of Boyce's Farmers

Hey Steve,
During our last meeting at your house I step forward and took on a 20 Freedom Pin Package from Boyce with good intentions to turn them. I still have that intention but did not understand that Mother nature was going to throw us a curve on the 27th of Apr. I am still digging myself out between my church and my home and haven't had a chance to even think about turning a pen let alone 20 of them and I am sorry for that. I can either shipped them back to you or keep them for later turning, when I don't know, but I will finish what I stepped to the plate to do. Please advise what you wish me to do, and sorry for the delay !!! P.S. Please tell Boyce I hope he is well and his recovery is coming along as well if not already completed.

Thanks BamaYank!

sseamen

Keep Farmin'

Doug,

Many got the same curve ball. I don't think there were many Freedom Pens turned this last month and all for the same reason. Many of those who weren't hit by he wind were helping those who were. That's as it should be.

Hang on to the kits, you'll need some relaxation and something mind soothing before too long. :) We'll get the pens after you have time to do them. I'll try to turn a few extra for you at this TAT. :)

Boyce is doing well. Al saw him last Tuesday and told me that he (Boyce) was comning along fine, the surgery was successful.

Hope all goes well with your Church and your home and you are doing something fun soon.

keithlong

Hey Steve,
I am gonna be out of town for the weekend. Gary turned in mine and his and David's pens yesterday. He even got us more kits to turn.

sseamen

Boyce was quite impressed. The majority of the returns from his 'Farmout program' came from IAP members. Between returned farmout kits and the kits turned yesterday the total came out around 200 Freedom Pens!

sseamen

Update on the Turn-a0thon and nice words

Here is the email Boyce sent out to the Turn-A-Thon group.

Woodchippers:

Some final figures from Sunday's Turn-A-Thon:

Actually turned on Sunday - 90 (which is not bad considering the turnout)

Here is where it gets better:

Our "farmers" either brought in or sent a total of 161 pens, which brought
our "production" to 251. Thanks again to the IAP group, which are still
actively supporting the project.

I have mailed 250 to Afghanistan. 150 to a deployed Marine Howitzer Btry,
and 50 to a Chaplain with a CSSB.

We also donated 5 pens to be auctioned off at the Wounded Warrior event.

All told, a really good month.

So, give yourselves another "atttaboy".

Top Bottom