March Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SGM Retired

Well the day has past and what a day it was. For all that attended thanks for making it a GREAT Day for Nancy and I. We enjoyed your company and friendship today. Steve and Caroline, those were the best ribs ever, thanks. I am still full and should not need breakfast tomorrow. Not sure where the mud cake went but I will find it. Ken and Andrew thanks for making that long drive to attend, you are always welcome at our house. To the rest of our friends thanks for coming and can't wait till the next meeting.

Gary and Nancy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

I will second what Gary said. Everything was great, and it was nice having the spouses along with us. I want so say thanks to those that done the demos and to Steve and Charlie for bringing their sharpening equipment. I also want to thank Gary and Nancy for hosting the meeting. Now that we have our tools sharpened, we need to plan another meeting and do some serious turning demos. As capt. eddie says we need to make some shavings. I want to thank AL for sharpening my tools for me. It was nice to see some newcomers also.

Ursus

Me TOO!

Everything was great. Great food-Great friends - Great demos- Great learning environment. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Thanks to David & Co. for bringing in their Freedom Pens. I'll add them to our next shipment. Also, thanks to Louis, David, and Keith for the blanks that they donated to the program.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I'm still full. the ribs was fantastic.. even Gary was pleasent for a change.. oh I see how he acts when the bride is around... many thanks for your hospitality Gary and Nancy,,,Morgan and Peggy had a great time also

sseamen

I agree with the common sentiment. It was a great day, I feel sorry for those who missed it. Sharpend tools, sharpend minds (well, some of us), and full bellys. Who clould ask for more?
Carolina and I had a great time. She enjoyed meeting new people and seeing those she knew again.
We had to laugh a bit. I had never planned to take my smoker grill anywhere so there had been no advance plans for making it mobile. On the spur of the moment, we decided to take it to Gary's for the meeting and I tried to set it up so I could do what needed to be done as easy as possible. As I pulled up (late) with my cooking gear lashed to the trailer (see attached), Carolina heard a number of laughing comments about 'redneck'. After I got the ribs going again (the recipie takes 5 hours total) I answerd some questions about the Treager wood pelllet grill and heard people swiitch to 'high tech redneck'. Later, when they tasted the ribs, no one said anything,,,,,, at least not until their plates were empty.:biggrin:

I want to also mention the Publix recipes (the beans and the bread thing were both excelent) and the jalapeno corn spoon bread. Everything was just killer. The Mississippi Mud cake was beyond killer, it was beyond decsription (do you think I liked it?:beauty:)
Carolina asked if I wanted some supper about 7:30 last night and I said I didn't think so. She said 'Good, cause I'm too full to cook'. :)

Attachments

• Redneck Cooker.jpg
    Redneck Cooker.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 179

Acornelius

Man I wish I could have stayed longer. I promised my sister I would leave at 11:00, and help her with building a deck. At 12:30 I thought I had better get a move on. Danny said the ribs were some of the best he's ever had.

Thanks for the door prizes. I got a nice piece of B.L. silver maple burl I think I'm going to make a pen out of this week.

Thanks Gary for opening up your shop to us. Once again I had a great time.
Can't wait for the next one.

RICKY MEARSE

BEEN IN TURNING FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS .WENT TO THE NORTH ALA. MEETING & ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH .MIKE HUNTER CAME WITH ME HE`S BEEN IN WOODTURNING ABOUT 2 MONTHS.WE DIDN`T GET TO STAY LONG BUT ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT .WAITING ON THE NEXT ONE .MEET NEW PEOPLE AND THEY WERE VERY GOOD PEOPLE TO LEARN FROM .A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS .THANKS FOR DOOR PRIZES.EVERYONE SEEMED VERY DOWN TO EARTH. ENJOYED TALKING TO EVERYONE .WILL DEFINETLY TRY TO STAY LONGER AT THE NEXT MEETING . THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR KNOW HOW WITH MIKE AND MYSELF.WE REALLY LEARNED A LOT.THANKS VERY MUCH.

homemade

Sorry, guys for not attending. I had a birthday to attend and I missed that one as well. My wife's father passed away and we had to make a mad dash up to Troy, MI for a funeral. Got back on Wed. and spent the next two days in bed from exhaustion. Just can't travel anymore, I guess. Anyway, if any of you head up I-65 through KY. stop off at Carrolton exit 44 and stay at least one night at the General Butler State resort park. It's better priced than any of the local motels along the highway.. I had a bunch of blanks made up for the trade. Next month I will, hopefully, be attending another meeting.:frown:

Top Bottom