Looking for a long bed lathe.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sseamen

I have a small repair job I've been asked to do for a local veterans group. They have two flagstaffs that they put in a stand for their meetings, the staffs cross and the flags drape on either side. Unfortunately, one of the staffs is about 7 inches longer than the other and presents an unbalanced appearance. The flag staff unscrews and separates in the middle, and I can remove the metal parts from both ends of the lower half, then I can cut it down to size easily enough. The problem is that the diameter of the wood is reduced for about an inch from the end to allow the metal coupler to fit over it. Should be quick and easy to turn down on a lathe, but the piece will be 35.5 inches long after it is cut. The longest lathe I have access to only accepts a 34 inch long piece.:at-wits-end:
Does anyone know of a 40 inch bed wood lathe anywhere near Huntsville, AL that either I can have access to or is owned by a softhearted, willing, person who would do less than 5 minutes worth of turning?:)

Top Bottom