June Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SGM Retired

Lets get a good June meeting date set. How does 8 June look on everyone's calendar? Or even 15 June but going later will be getting into some of your vacation time. We can't satisfy everyone's calendar but let's have a good showing. I see Keith will demo the Celtic knot, are there any others that will demo? Or, if you would like a certain topics covered please post here and I'm sure there is someone that can demo. Also bring your blanks for a swap shop. We have a local member that has his hands on some great blanks and I'm sure he will bring some.

Nancy and I plan on cooking hamburger and hotdogs so come hungry and as always bring the family to enjoy our farm.

Post here if you plan on attending and or a different date if need be.

Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ltkrause

Both dates work for me. Me and possibly the family will be there! Looking forward to it! Let me know if I can bring anything or do anyhting to help.

Loren

keithlong

Looking at the calendar, looks like the 8th day of June qill be the best date. Gary has offered hamburgers and hotdogs, I can get some chips and drinks..

So if you want to bring aomething along thia line, just say so.

homemade

I looked at my wife's work schedule and she off on the 8th and working on the 15th. Sorry, couldn't make it last month. respiratory infection hit me and is still gong on. had to go to Urgi Care for shots. Hope to make this meeting coming up.:rain:

JWStuart

I'm new to the board and to pen turning so I'll try to make the meeting. I'm sure my son would also like to come. I've been turning for maybe a month now and he helped me turn and sand one of those... He is so proud of that pen. He took it to school to show all of his buddies.

-John

homemade

I put the meeting on my calender. Will do my best to make this one. The wife sure enjoyed herself at the last one we attended. recently we both have been suffering with allergies. I will keep things posted. Always welcome new faces at the meetings. Never a stranger!

SGM Retired

Well it looks like the final count is in. Need to get a good number that everyone is bringing so I can have the food ready. Also if you are going to bring a dish be sure to list it here so we don't have 10 Baked Beans, but I do love BBs.

dwilli19

I'm planning on being there, and bringing some blanks as well. Looking forward to learning yet another trick. I can bring my duck call stuff if someone wants to see that process.
Dave

ltkrause

Duck call will be neat!

I'll bring some potato salad and plates. Anything else I need to bring? I'm bringing the wife and kids (2) as well.

Loren

SGM Retired

We can start any time, I think in the past its been 9am but I could go for 8:30 unless everyone wants to sleep in. As for when we end its usually around 3pm or so. That would make for a long day if we go till evening???

keithlong

Yes the meeting will begin at 9:00 am, until the last one leaves.
Also if you have a small lathe, and want to bring it, please feel free to do so. See ya then, Keith

homemade

that might not be a good idea. she may hide a bucket somewhere and head to the berry patch.:biggrin::biggrin: We picked over 7 gal. of berries from our patch last year and there is only one gal left and that one is mine for the lunch.
what else in the line of food/drink do we need that hasn't been volunteered yet?

keithlong

Thanks Gary for hosting the meeting today, and to Nancy for grilling. Also thanks to ones that came and for the food you brought. As always we have plenty to eat. The info shared was great, and the celtic knot demo turned out ok, even with a blowout, managed to glue it back together and finished turning the blank. Lesson learned, do not use corian for inllay pieces with wood. Or at least not me anyway.

Even though the turnout was low, the morale was high.

SGM Retired

Yes Nancy and I had a great time yesterday and remember it doesn't have to be a meeting to get together. I saw of the best pens I have seen in a long time, thanks for sharing. The cigar band pens were awasome!! Homemade the bottle stoppers are just great. You need to demo those next time.

ltkrause

Thanks for the warm welcome! I learned a lot. I finished up the handle for my carbide tool yesterday. It cuts like butter! I look forward to the next meeting and will definitely keep in touch between.

sseamen

I wish we coulda come. We always enjoy the get-togethers, and anything would have been better than sitting in a hotel room in Augusta, GA making changes to a BCCS SA
TSP. :)

Top Bottom