July Meeting Info

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sseamen

OK, here's some info on the planned meeting at Redstone Arsenal.
The meeting/Turn-A-Thon is scheduled July 10, from 10:00 AM until everyone is tired, at the Redstone Arsenal Craft Shop. Anyone who can't get there at 10:00 is still welcome to come. Come early or come late, just come! There are enough lathes there to make sure everyone gets plenty of turning time. We have enough different demo's planned to make sure everyone gets plenty of learning time. We have more blanks and Freedom Pen kits than any one group will be able to turn and we'll still have time for a Pizza lunch (provided) and plenty of talk and sharing.
I'm going to bring some blanks from some local woods that make beautiful pens, although we don't often see them used. We also have plenty of RhinoPlastic blanks (courtesy of Greg Hight and his business partners).
Gary (SGM Retired) will be doing 'Applying a CA Finish'.
Boyce will be doing 'Multiple uses for CA and Sawdust'.
I figure on doing 'Turning and Finishing Acrylics', we may also have other people covering that same ground, since acrylics are a lot different than straight wood and we want to give everyone a chance to take a whack at them.
Ken (Bitshird http://www.woodchuck-tools.com) will be doing 'The Use, Care and Feeding of Carbide Turning Tools' and will also have product available for purchase by interested attendees.
If I haven't tweaked your interest and talked you into wanting to come by this time ,,,,, I guess I give up.
Remember, if you don't have access to Redstone Arsenal you have to PM Gary (SGM Retired) or me by July 6, all the requirements are listed in the original post. If someone changes their mind at the very last minute and decides to come, PM me and we'll figure out a (legal) way to get you on post.
We really do want to make a good showing for the IAP this month (not to mention a boatload of Freedom Pens). This is a good chance to get ourselves invited back to this venue in the future.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SGM Retired

Steve,

Let me add that this is not just for the Tennessee/Alabama chapter. If you are going to be passing through and would like to attend feel free to send your info to myself or Steve. Now with that said we will have to cut off at the first 100 that reply, ha, ha. I only wish we could get 100 to attend, that's one heck of alot of pens for troops. Come out and jion us on this day, it's for a good cause.

Gary

sseamen

July Meeting Update

OK, last chance to jump in on the meeting. So far we only have two people, who normally don't have access to the arsenal, who have indicated they plan to bring their cars on post. Gary has to turn in the list of names tomorrow.

Boyce has also asked for a good count of attendees so he knows how much food to order. If you're planning to come, give us a shout!

sseamen

Attendees

I currently show:
__Acornelius (Alex)and Danny
__KeithLong
__Bitshird (Ken) and Andrew
__Mick
__Sgm Retired (Gary)
__Myself and my wife
have committted to attending.
I have two probables from outside the chapter, Ramona and her husband
Two maybes from my Office, Joe and Johnie
Tom Durgin and louisbry(Louis) have not responded yet.
and finally, I talked to two of the Redstone Woodchippers that are planning to come.
So I show 11 yes, 2 probable, 2 maybes and 2 regulars not heard from.
Anyone want to add numbers? Look at the descripton of what's offered at this meeting in the beginning of this thread. :)

Top Bottom