July Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

Well Guys,
It has been a little while since we had a meeting. I made a phone call to Woodcraft in Franklin, TN. and they are willing to allow us to have a meeting there on Saturday, the 28th of July. The meeting will start at 10:am and end at around 3:pm. So please mark this date on your calendar and lets meet and have a good time as usual. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sseamen

I'll be there, Carolina says she's coming too. She's not gonna let me have all the fun.:biggrin:

Let me add my thanks to Keith for setting this up, and to Ken for suggesting it.

sseamen

I talked to Ursus recently and he brought up a good point. We're not likely to do a 'covered dish' this time. There are plenty of good restaurants near the store. Anyone got a favorite?

Ursus

Covered Dish

Exchanged messages with Keith on the subject. He said that we ARE bringing food. I think the subject will be elaborated on shortly.

Ursus

Food

Works for me. There are two or three places right there in the strip mall with Woodcraft, and a big wad of fast food places within a couple of blocks.

As I recall, the two that are right there with Woodcraft are a Pizza place and a Mexican Restaurant.

I'm game for most anything except Vietnamese. :laugh:

sseamen

Food

I can speak for the Mexican place. It's pretty good. It's the only place up there Carolna & I have tried. If someone prefers Pizza, or knows of a better place, I'm cool with that.

Acornelius

Dang, wont be able to make it. I'll be in Ireland. I always enjoy our meetings, and as soon as it's over I start looking forward to the next one. Somebody please post some details and pics to let me know what I missed.
I guess after feeling so disappointed for missing the meeting I'll just have to belly up to the bar at a local pub and drink a pint or two!!

keithlong

Well Guys,
I feel bad because I planned this meetig and unfortinately I am not going to get to attend either. We have a new granddaughter that had to come into the world a little early. She is in the ICU unit in Montgomery hospital. She was 6 weeks early. She has a little hole in her heart, but they say this is normal with premies. She was born on the 13th of this month. They had her on meds to help her heart and it has worked. She was also having problems breathing because her lungs were not fully developed, but she is now breathing on her own. We are hoping she is getting to go home this weekend. We have been babysittin just about all summer. Our daughter had problems with her galdblatter during the pregnacy. She is a lot better now. I have not been in the shop in a monyh now. Hoping everything will beback to normal by this weekend. We are heading back down this weekend, to carry the kids home. God is so good, and I know that he has his hands wrapped around this little girl.

So please enjoy the meeting and i will call them tomorrow and make sure everything is lined up.

sseamen

I know that you'd enjoy the meeting but I also know, when it comes to a choice between a monthly IAP meeting and a little miracle, what I'd choose.:)

Have fun with her Keith! Maybe we'll turn a pink pen for her.:biggrin:

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
God bless your family Kieth... We have you on the prayer list at church... I will not be attending either.. we have to go to another venue.. hope to see all next month..

keithlong

Thanks David, and Steve,
I called today to make sure everything is set up for Saturday, and woodcraft is going to have a couple of lathes set up for the meeting. They said that they would pull some kits off the shelf for troop pens. So if some of you want to turn some, plan on taking your tools if you want. I also told them that if anyone there in the store wanted to join in it would be ok. So recruit us some IAP members.

Ursus

July IAP Meeting

Keith:

Yes, seven from Redstone attended: Steve, Carolina, Al, Bernie, C-1, Mike, & yours truely.

We didn't turn any Freedom Pens, just discussed some techniques for making segmented pens. Then some of us went to the Mexican Restaurant next door and pigged out.

Everyone bought some goodies, so David/Aaron didn't come up on the short end of the stick.

Later,
B>^

Top Bottom