July/August Meeting is history

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skeenum

Five members of the Tennessee & Northern Alabama chapter met on Tuesday August 10th at member Keith Long's shop near Athens, Al. Keith was very gracious in opening his shop, his knowledge, some of his wood store, and for providing nice cold soft drinks to cool us off.
The members in attendance were: Louis Bryant; David Newbern; John Gwin; Stan Keenum and of course, Keith Long.

Several rifle cartridge pens were turned and assembled for a special project. The pens were turned on Keith's lathe and every attendee took a turn shaping the antler for the top pen half.

Louis Bryant also brought a large box of very nice pen blanks which were distributed for free. Louis also gave an impromptu demonstration on making a small lathe turned box. The box, made out of walnut, turned out very nicely and a lot of good techniques were discussed.

Keith Long and David Newbern shared many tips for the making/assembling of the rifle cartridge pens.
Several of the members also shared some of their portfolio of pens of which there were several very nice pens.

We discussed having another meeting very soon at David Newbern's shop in Tennessee.

Thanks again to Keith and to each one that came/shared/fellowshipped. I hope to post pictures soon.

mick

Stan, I would have liked to have known about this meeting, as I'm always wanting meet turners from the area!

Top Bottom