December IAP Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

Boyce Allen has graciously offered to host our meeting on the 11th of December at the woodshop on the Arsenal. We will begin at 9:00am and wind down at around 3:00pm. We ask that you bring your favorite dish. Also spouses are invited to attend.

So mark your calendar and hopefully I will see your there.

Thanks, Boyce.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

If any one is planning to attend the IAP chapter meeting on the 11th of Dec at the arsenal, please let Gary, SMR Retired, know by no later that 9:00am on the 7th of Dec. He will need a list of everyone who is non military that does not have a pass to het on the arsenal. So please send him a pm and he will let you know what he needs. Thanks, and lets all plan on coming.

sseamen

Hey guys and gals,

We are in the countdown phase to the meeting and there are not a whole lot of responses. I understand, it's close to Christmas, there are a zillion things competing for your time, and you're not sure if your significant other is going to agree to one more thing, especially on a Sunday.

Thing is, if we don't show enough interest, this may get canceled.

Let me remind you, the last meeting we had at (at SGM Retired's place) was a blast. We had significant others there and brought deeelicious dishes (good food as well). The non-turners who came enjoyed theirselves with a feast and a gabfest and even watched some of the demos. My wife and daughter both gained a better appreciation for the addiction .... I mean ..... hobby and now my wife is helping me plan and prepare blanks.

We are again inviting significant others (over the age of 15) to this meeting.

Let me also remind you, the last meeting we had at the craft shop (in the summer) also went very well. We (the IAP members) met some of the regular, hardcore members of the craft shop group (Woodchippers) and everyone learned a ton. We showed off our toys and had access to some really great equipment and there was enough to go around.

So, even if you have access to Redstone, let us know if you'll come. Even if you are only tentative, let us know that. Last time we had 6 or 7 definite 'yes' replies and ended up with a pretty good sized group. If you don't normally have access to Redstone Arsenal, we have that covered too. Last time, some of the members who came were expecting a great hassle and it was merely a few minutes worth of formalities and they were in. So just contact SGM Retired and give him the info.

sseamen

One slight addition to the meeting info. I just got a commitment from a deer processor to supply me with antler for Freedom Pens. I will pick it up this Monday. I don't know how much he will have, but I'll bring it along on the 11th and we can do demos on selecting, cuting drilling and turning. Then we'll give attendees a chance to try their hands at it as long as the supply lasts.

sseamen

I would love to agree, but Saturday is a day when the Craft Shop is open for use by soldiers. We only get to take it over on Sunday, when it is normally closed.

Top Bottom