Time to move on....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

My Washington Pen turning friends;
With mixed emotions I will be resigning as your Chapter Coordinator. I have accepted a position with the U.S. Dept. of Commerce in the Detroit Regional Census Office. The job description in a nut shell is the IT Director for the Region which includes Michigan, Ohio and West Virginia .
This next week I will be cleaning up things around the house, and then driving east to find a place to set up the shop. :biggrin: I am to start work April 11th. My family will remain here for a few months and then join me. This was not an easy decision as the move will be out of pocket but, being out of work since Jan 1, I feel it is the best for my family and the opportunities to be a 'career-permanent' Gov't employee has some long term benefits that are hard to pass up.
I thank you for your support and friendship and I know you will do great things.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Congrats on the job Mark. I know you will be out of pocket on the move, but keep all receipts as If I'm remembering correctly, there is a tax claim that can be made for moves related to changing jobs. Won't help right away, but come next April it may.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
WOW, from Washington to DETROIT!!!

That will be a change----Good luck and hope you adapt to the "Rust belt"!! We're really nice folks--you'll find out when there is two feet of snow--everyone starts working together---just like the OLD days!!!

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

Muggsy1776

Mark let me be the first to welcome you to the "D". If you need any help in getting situated here don't hesitate to contact me. As a police officer i can also supply you with great advice for daily travels, and areas you just don't want to go. It's not as bad as the world makes it out to be.

Ed
Shelby Twp, Mi

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Congrats, Mark!! Sorry to see you move even further away but I fully understand doing right for the family. Do let me know if/when you are in town so I can buy you a beer.

Travel safe!!

Lenny

Mark, best of luck in the move and new job!

Some times you can't "Know" ... you just have to jump right in a "find out"

I sincerely hope you that when you do find out, you are pleasantly surprised!

SkookumPens

Sorry to hear that you are leaving, but glad to hear you found a job. Your smiling face will be missed. Now we have to find someone to leave our pen turner's meeting so we can elect them as our fearless leader. It was good to see you at the John Jordon meeting.

Craig Chatterton
Puyallup,WA

markgum

Sorry to hear that you are leaving, but glad to hear you found a job. Your smiling face will be missed. Now we have to find someone to leave our pen turner's meeting so we can elect them as our fearless leader. It was good to see you at the John Jordon meeting.

Craig Chatterton
Puyallup,WA[/quote

John's meeting was GREAT. to bad I have to pack up my lathe before I can try some of those tricks/tips. :frown:

Yes, everyone should be warned that LEAVING the meeting to go potty could result is heavy responsibility....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nick

Mark,
Sorry to hear you are leaving the area but glad you found what sounds like a great job.
Take it easy driving east. Why don't you remain on the WA chapter to keep touch.
I am sorry that I did not get to meet you in person.
Take care.
Don Nicholas (Nick)
Lakewood, WA

Top Bottom