Visitors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Yup Ernis stopped by today-----he's getting the hang of making freinds--here's a pic of the lumber he brought Margie and the trunk load of blanks he hauled home with him. Margie is happy and you know the saying "When SWMBO is happy---everyone is glad."

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1591.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Ernie gets to meet some of the Burls growing in the back Yard--:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 263

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well I finally made it home. Had to stop twice to throw up on the side of the road. Also had to wait on the fire department to put out a car fire on the interstate. That baby was charcoal!!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Some people think that's not a lot of wood. But you can fit four dead body's in the trunk of the caddy.:eek: Not to mention what was in the back seat of the car. Felt like a low rider going home.

RAdams

Banned
I think i have some of that wood in my shop... only in the form of some of the most curly pen blanks i have ever seen! Ole Todd gets around i guess.... LOL

Gary Max

Yup--she is awesome. I have been watching her grow up for the last 10 years. What most folks don't understand ---that's a burl. No matter what the wood inside looks like. I have one in my shop the is rotten and hollow---you couldn't get one pen blank out of it----it's still a burl.

Gary Max

In this part of the world most burls are either rotten or ate up by bugs. Finding one that is good and solid if very cool. I could cut up the rotten one but there would really be no point in making smaller pieces of worthless wood.

Top Bottom