Looking for wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimZimmerman

My name is Jim and I am originally from Minnesota. I took a job west of Louisville for the winter. I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find some exotic hard wood lumber mills in the area? Would rather buy from a local mom and pop then online for my project materials. Thank you for any help you may have.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I took a job west of Louisville for the winter.
Then you already know how to dress for cold weather. Lived there 1974-1977 and then southeast of L'ville about 50 miles for six years. Good luck in your quest for wood.

Talltim

Jim,

I used to live in Louisville as well. If you really want to find some great craftsmen and some sources for wood check out Berea, Ky. There are some great turners in that area.

There are some furniture manufacturers in Bardstown. And bourbon barrels as well.

You might check out Marwood over in Jeffersonville Indiana just across the river. They carry a lot of live edge slabs and chunks of nice wood. They have carried a good selection of burl also. http://marwoodslabs.com/

Last edited:

Lonn

Guys how can I purchase an add? Closing my pen and peppermill business. Have a lot of over 3,000 wood pen blanks available for pickup only in Louisville Ky. Lost my shop lease, sold all my equipment so far on CL. I must move the blanks out before Oct 3rd. Blanks are separated into plastic boxes. Also have 127 pepper mill blanks. All approximately 8percent moisture content. Please inform me of how to sale this lot of pen blanks for $300.00

MRDucks2

Guys how can I purchase an add? Closing my pen and peppermill business. Have a lot of over 3,000 wood pen blanks available for pickup only in Louisville Ky. Lost my shop lease, sold all my equipment so far on CL. I must move the blanks out before Oct 3rd. Blanks are separated into plastic boxes. Also have 127 pepper mill blanks. All approximately 8percent moisture content. Please inform me of how to sale this lot of pen blanks for $300.00

Sending you PM

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom