Jan. 7th, 2010 SOMERSET KY.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
One day only. I gotta come pick up my daughter and her new husband. My vehicle will be full for the ride home, But i am sure there would be room for a pen blank or two if anyone was interested in some local something or the other.

I could bring some nice big hunks of Blackjack Oak, or Mulberry. I have a pile of both of those out back. Plus i have about 200 PR blanks made up. And a wicked assortment of cut blanks of all types.

I would love to try some Ky. Barbecue (if that even exists? :tongue:) Maybe meet up for lunch? Or at least a midnight snack as I pass through town. I would like to have at least a little bit of fun on this trip! :biggrin::eek:

THE BAD NEWS..

The 7th is the only day i will have available, and with my 892 miles one way, I don't think i will be making any course corrections. I am driving straight down I-40 through Arkansas, Memphis, and into Nashville. From there i will catch I-65 into Kentucky, and then go east to Somerset. Same return path. If you are along that path, and are interested, just PM me please. With the trip planning, I will likely forget to look here. (P.S. any decent places to eat along the way would be appreciated. The closer to the highway, the better.) On the way there, It will be mostly night for the second half of the trip, and the same on the way back, so i will have to try to plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance and i wish i had more time to see the sights. This will be my second "Emergency" trip to Somerset Kentucky, and Just like the first time, I will not be in town much longer than it takes to get some sleep and load the truck. It is a shame too, because it is breathtaking there. Absolutely speechless views. I really enjoyed the short time i was there and look forward to seeing it in the winter this time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Would enjoy trying to meet up, but I'll be in Cincinatti for the weekend. I think you'll be pretty close to Gary Max's place, not real sure though.

Gary Max

Well-----looks like your in luck------you drive right by our place----ok with-in 15 miles.
I will PM you my # and we will do a meet and greet.
I am sure I can find something to bring along to trade with.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I really enjoyed the short time i was there and look forward to seeing it in the winter this time.[/quote]
Well you in luck, looks like it's going to be snowing.

RAdams

Banned
WOO HOO! Some good Que!!!

Gary, I got your PM, and will give you a call later this evening.

Oldwagon

I wish I could meet up with you.I just got a call from my mom.I have to go down and do some plumbing work for her.Most likely a all day job.Have a safe trip. Todd

RAdams

Banned
Looks like i am barely gonna have time to meet Gary. Seems i will be in a race with a blizzard! I should have time to at least make a coffe break visit!

Top Bottom