Testing for "mouse" problem - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Site Help, Tips, How-To > Testing 1 2 3
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Testing 1 2 3 This is the place to test your signatures, photo posting, etc.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 306

Default Testing for "mouse" problem

Have a two(2) buttom mouse.

Problem:

Left button at times DOES NOT open "links" to either a www. site or it will NOT allow me to "enlarge" a picture when I double click.

Right buttom allows me to use the "Open" link to allow me to either see a www.site and will also allow me to "enlarge" a picture.

It is very convenient to be able to use the "left" click button rather than to take a longer route(time wise) and use the "right" side of the mouse.

Any suggestions on how I can restore the "left" side of the mouse to work? A new mouse ends up doing the same so that I know that it's not the mouse. Can I possibly be missing a "file" that allows the left side to work?

If you are reading this and can offer a solution, I would love to hear it posted here or you can PM me directly. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 4

There are several things you can try:
1. Reload the driver software by uninstalling it first and then reboot and install it new.
2. Go into the control panel and open the mouse icon up and see if the buttons will work there in there if the mouse has its own software try and set the buttons.
3. Is it a USB or PS2 type connector? If PS2 try a USB mouse.
Jsut some of the options to try.
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood-of-1kind View Post
Have a two(2) buttom mouse.

Problem:

Left button at times DOES NOT open "links" to either a www. site or it will NOT allow me to "enlarge" a picture when I double click.
Peter; Check the "Settings", "Mouse", "Buttons" tab and verify that the "Switch mouse buttons" isn't checked.

Make sure the driver for your mouse is installed. Some mice (mices?) have non-standard ways of reporting button pushes.

Some browsers allow you to re-define the mouse button functions. Javascript on the web site can be involved here too!
randyrls is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads