Poll/Photo's full size test - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Site Help, Tips, How-To > Testing 1 2 3
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Testing 1 2 3 This is the place to test your signatures, photo posting, etc.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

View Poll Results: Vote for your 3 favorite fishies
Fishy 1 2 40.00%
Fishy 2 1 20.00%
Fishy 3 2 40.00%
Fishy 4 2 40.00%
Fishy 5 2 40.00%
Fishy 6 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2019, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 498

Default Poll/Photo's full size test

Hopefully a poll plus full size photos within the narrative.

Vote for your favorite three. Yes, the identifications are not exact, I'm rusty from the salt water.

Fishy #1

Yellow/Black.

_wbb9319.jpg

Fishy #2

Grouper.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Fishy #3

Moorish Idol.

Fishy #4

Striped Grouper.

Fishy #5

Sand Diver.

Fishy #6

Shark - It's better side.
Attached Thumbnails
kk.jpg   _dsc8241.jpg   p7270040.jpg   m0021384.jpg   m0013133.jpg  

The IAP Collection is a permanent collection of pens
that has been established from the
IAP Membership explicitly for the purpose of
public display, preservation and inspiration.

Last edited by mark james; 01-08-2019 at 10:10 AM.
mark james is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-08-2019, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm still not getting the full size pictures (I did watch/follow the video Brian).

Old 01-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 104

What I do not understand is why is there not a standard way of setting these things up?? One person uses a zoom technique, one uses thumbnails, one use full size photos. We are sending in thumbnail photos or if you want us to send in full size photos. That is why I asked the question back a few weeks ago about what type photos would work best. We have been doing this for some time now and there should be an easy way for the people who are trying to run the contests to follow and if there is something the people who are entering can do to assist in this make it known in the instructions ahead of time. This way when we view each contest all photos are the same size and type.

Just trying to help sort this out. and then maybe something can be written up and saved for future events.

If asked what my preference would be it would be full size photos all of the same size. Now that may require too much work for the pit boss because they would have to size them so that is probably not good but if full size is used it means you can scroll through the group easier without having to click to enlarge each one. When you get the polls where there is 30 some pens to look at then it gets troublesome. Especially if you are trying to make decisions and want to do a comparison thing.

My Photo Album

Last edited by jttheclockman; 01-08-2019 at 11:07 AM.
jttheclockman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jttheclockman View Post
What I do not understand is why is there not a standard way of setting these things up?? One person uses a zoom technique, one uses thumbnails, one use full size photos. We are sending in thumbnail photos or if you want us to send in full size photos. That is why I asked the question back a few weeks ago about what type photos would work best. We have been doing this for some time now and there should be an easy way for the people who are trying to run the contests to follow and if there is something the people who are entering can do to assist in this make it known in the instructions ahead of time. This way when we view each contest all photos are the same size and type.

Just trying to help sort this out. and then maybe something can be written up and saved for future events.

If asked what my preference would be it would be full size photos all of the same size. Now that may require too much work for the pit boss because they would have to size them so that is probably not good but if full size is used it means you can scroll through the group easier without having to click to enlarge each one. When you get the polls where there is 30 some pens to look at then it gets troublesome. Especially if you are trying to make decisions and want to do a comparison thing.
I agree and that is what I'm aiming for. The issue for me may be that I am using a Mac. I have watched Jeff's video on how to imbed full size images within the text, but it is not working yet. I have sent a PM to Mike R for assistance. I have time to work on this, hopefully to get it done correctly without bothering him when the time is close.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark james View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jttheclockman View Post

I agree and that is what I'm aiming for. The issue for me may be that I am using a Mac. I have watched Jeff's video on how to imbed full size images within the text, but it is not working yet. I have sent a PM to Mike R for assistance. I have time to work on this, hopefully to get it done correctly without bothering him when the time is close.
Oh I know nothing about Macs

My Photo Album
jttheclockman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads