???? Next meeting - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > ArkLaTex
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
ArkLaTex Arkansas, Louisiana, NE Texas

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 0

We had a great meeting yesterday,lots of great food,fellowship,and demos. Delbert gave us a lot of great tips on making pens and other small items out of deer antler,Mac did a cigar pen and showed how he does his great finish,and John did a great demo on making bracelet helpers. Most of us had not considered bracelet helpers and now it looks like way may be doing a bulk order on them as everyone seemed to like them. No one went home empty handed as Ken Nelson of Kallenshaan Woods donated another batch his great laser cut blanks for door prizes. Also for door prizes John donated the braclet helper he made,Delbert donated a bullet and deer antler pen, and our host Bill donated a rack of deer antler. Those who were unable to make it missed a great time. Our last order of business was to discuss our next meeting which we have tenatively set for the 1st saturday in March. The next meeting will be at my shop in New Boston unless someone else wants to host it. Details will be posted in February.
traderdon55 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

It was a very good meeting. Learned a lot. Thanks.
john Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Mac

Photos: 39

I had a great time at the meeting ,learned some things ,had some good food and as well good fellowship.
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #24 (permalink)

I am so itching to make one of these meetings.
I've got a friend thinking about joining, so there may be two of us trying to learn, ya'll may have your work cut out for you!

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun."
-- sleeptalkinman
sol92258 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-31-2009, 09:29 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol92258 View Post
I am so itching to make one of these meetings.
I've got a friend thinking about joining, so there may be two of us trying to learn, ya'll may have your work cut out for you!
Keep the first saturday in March open. Unless something changes that is when our next meeting will be held.
traderdon55 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdon55 View Post
Keep the first saturday in March open. Unless something changes that is when our next meeting will be held.
consider it marked; there is currently nothing planned that weekend, and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way.
I told Micah1_8, he's a new member here, he's going to try and make it as well.

Question: I'll probably put this in the main forums later, but - I'm looking to buy a lathe. Currently I borrow one from the high school I work at, but am about to a point where I can purchase one. Micah recently bought one at Harbor Freight, and has been pleased with it. I'm considering one of those, as well as looking at other options as well. The ones here at the high school are Jets, and I like them a lot, but for all I plan to do (currently ) - pens, brush handles, etc. - I'm looking at less expensive options.

Any suggestions?

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun."
-- sleeptalkinman
Old 01-15-2010, 12:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
Mac

Quote:
consider it marked; there is currently nothing planned that weekend, and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way.
I told Micah1_8, he's a new member here, he's going to try and make it as well.

Question: I'll probably put this in the main forums later, but - I'm looking to buy a lathe. Currently I borrow one from the high school I work at, but am about to a point where I can purchase one. Micah recently bought one at Harbor Freight, and has been pleased with it. I'm considering one of those, as well as looking at other options as well. The ones here at the high school are Jets, and I like them a lot, but for all I plan to do (currently ) - pens, brush handles, etc. - I'm looking at less expensive options.

Any suggestions?
I have an extra lathe, if you are interested Harber Freight 8''X12'' vari. speed MT1 Item #95607-SVGA. I'll take $65 +$10 for pen mandrel so $75 total. I just haven't used it ,since I bought my Grizzly 12-20 ,it just sits there, collecting wood dust. I will throw in some goodies also.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I have an extra lathe, if you are interested Harber Freight 8''X12'' vari. speed MT1 Item #95607-SVGA. I'll take $65 +$10 for pen mandrel so $75 total. I just haven't used it ,since I bought my Grizzly 12-20 ,it just sits there, collecting wood dust. I will throw in some goodies also.
ooh, sweet! count me in!

-- sleeptalkinman
Old 01-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Mac

Quote:
ooh, sweet! count me in!
When do you want it . I also have a 60 degree live center that goes with
Old 01-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
When do you want it . I also have a 60 degree live center that goes with
if I could, I'd come up there tonight
I'll PM you when I know for sure and we can work out the details

-- sleeptalkinman
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads