Meeting for Fall 2010

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mac

Yes , it has been on my mind ,for a while now.
And thanks to my better half my shop is clean, as of today, and the air is still working, so if I host one it needs to be pretty soon, while it is still clean!!!!
I looked on my calender and Oct 16th looks good to me ,for hosting the next meeting. What do you think???
Thats on a Saturday and would begin around 10am till.....
If anybody else wants to host please chime in.

traderdon55

At our last meeting no one offered to host the next one and my shop has been to hot to host one so I for one am glad to see somebody step up and offer to host. If Oct. 16 works for everybody else I will clear my calendar for that date. I will try to come up with a demo to do and we will need some more people to offer to share what they have learned. If this date works for you and-or you want to demo please post here or send a PM to Mac or me. More info will be posted as plans are put together.

SDB777

As much as I would love to come to a fall meeting, gonna have to miss it. The wife is unusually 'pumped-up' about this upcoming bow season for whitetails!!

Was wondering if anyone ever does videos of some of the meetings and post them on YouTube? Some of us live pretty far away...long drive.

Scott (have fun guys) B

traderdon55

Scott, sorry you will be unable to attend. I don't think anyone in our group is computer savvy enough to video our meetings to post on You Tube, I know I'm not. Besides if the demos were being taped we would have a hard time getting any one to demo. The scariest thing I have ever had to do was a bullet pen demo in Oklahoma City where after I got there I found they were doing a dvd of it for their club library.

Rangertrek

I have it down on the calendar for Oct. 16th, 10:00 am. Will plan to attend. I can do a demo if needed. I can do a CA finish or something else. What is the group interested in?

Also, is it appropriate to bring kits, wood to sell?:confused:
I bought the entire stock of a penmaker that died. His son wanted to sell it all, so we made a deal. I will have kits and blanks for costs based on group purchase rates. Over 200 various pen boxes, 300 + kits, 1,000 plus wood blanks, 100+ acrylics. Also a bunch of bushings.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

traderdon55

John, feel free to bring items to sell or trade. After seeing some of your work I look forward to seeing you do a demo. I hope everyone would post what kind of demo they would like to see so that the people doing the demos can plan what everyone wants to see.

Mac

Looks like I'm it. :eek:
Food is as always potluck.
I got the tea and silverware so far. Please post your food so we can add what we don't have.

Anybody that has door prizes please bring. I will have some also.
I will also set up a table(s) with stuff to sell or trade so bring your stuff.

Rangertrek

Meeting Still ON?

Are we still having a meeting? Have not seen any activity on the post. Sure hope so! Betty and I plan to attend and we can bring drinks, food, etc.

I also plan to bring a bunch of stuff for sale. Kits, blanks, corian, etc.

I can do a demo on my CA finish if you want.
Can also do a demo on seam rippers! These are fast and easy, and sell at shows.

Should we start a new thread for attendance, what we will bring, etc. ??

Mac

YES YES YES
Most of our group is also in 2 AAW clubs around here and they don't post much, and the last meeting everything came together all at once.
I haven't decided what kind of meat to fix, and other half is going to fix something too.If you remember the last time we had a meeting at my house ,she was recovering from knee surgery, and I had to cook everything.
Also traderdon55 has sent or going to send out emails.

Mac

Are we still having a meeting? Have not seen any activity on the post. Sure hope so! Betty and I plan to attend and we can bring drinks, food, etc.

I also plan to bring a bunch of stuff for sale. Kits, blanks, corian, etc.

I can do a demo on my CA finish if you want.
Can also do a demo on seam rippers! These are fast and easy, and sell at shows.

Should we start a new thread for attendance, what we will bring, etc. ??

As for food bring what you want, I have tried in the past to get a list but so many of our members do not post.

Bring anything you want too to sell.

I would love to see your CA finish demo and if you want to do seam rippers that sounds good too.

I don't think it would do any good to start another thread for our bunch.

Maybe Traderdon55 will ,when he emails ,try to get a head count in a return email and post. Cause I don't know how many roads ,I will need to drive down to find enougth meat to cook.

Also Traderdon55 has some more info on some other demos.

traderdon55

A lot of our members are lurkers and don't like to post. Many of them don't even let us know they are coming until they arrive. At the last meeting we only had 12 people confirmed and we ended up with 25 in attendance. As of right now we only have 7 confirmed but there are several I know that will be there that have not confirmed yet. As far as demos Roger is doing kaleidoscopes, I am doing making custom centerbands, it looks like John is doing seam rippers & his method of a CA finish, and Mac is just waiting to see what people would like to see before he decides what to do. Anyone that would like to do a demo is welcome to do so, just let us know what you want to do so that we can put you on the schedule. It would be nice if everyone would post what they are bringing for the pot luck so as to avoid a lot of duplication. Every one that has let us know they are coming will recieve an e-mail with directions later this week. I hope to see everyone saturday.

Phunky_2003

This will be a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive for me. I subscribed to the thread and will do my best to come.

This will only be my 2nd attending of a chapter meeting. The door prizes is like a swap type deal? I will confirm what I can bring as far as food and stuff. Maybe there is a place to grab some donuts or stuff on the way....

traderdon55

This will be a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive for me. I subscribed to the thread and will do my best to come.

This will only be my 2nd attending of a chapter meeting. The door prizes is like a swap type deal? I will confirm what I can bring as far as food and stuff. Maybe there is a place to grab some donuts or stuff on the way....

Door prizes are just items that people donate to be given away. We will have a seperate table for things people want to swap or sell. We will also have a seperate table for people to display work they have made. Please send me your e-mail address so that I will have it to send directions out on thursday. I look forward to meeting you.

traderdon55

I have been recieving several e-mails from different members and everything is starting to come together. Confirmed food so far is John Carlisle- deviled eggs, John Mercy-salad, Bill-dessert, Mac-tea & some type of meat, and my wife is going to fix and pot of purple hull peas and cornbread. That is all I have at the present time. I will add updates as I recieve them.

Rangertrek

Just wanted to let you know I will be bring a bunch of stuff for sale. I have wood blanks, acrylic blanks, pre-drilled and rounded corain, pre-drilled acrylics, etc. Will also have slimline kits, pens and pencils, key ring kits, plumb-bob carpenter kits, misc. kits, and boxes of many styles.

I will have this a good prices. I bought out all the supplies of another penturner and more than I will ever use, so time to thin the inventory.

I will offer to the club before I put it on IAP and ebay.
See you then.

Rangertrek

Skew sharpening

Thanks Mac for the skew sharpening lesson. I now have a very nice and sharp round nose skew. I also modified another skew I did not use very much and now have two round nose skews that are easy to sharpen.

Enjoyed the meeting, thanks for all the hospitality.

Phunky_2003

I'd like to express my thanks for the meeting and the hospitality. Thanks to Mac for hosting! And thanks to Don for inviting me to the meeting. It never crossed my mind to attend a meeting farther away, but I do think I will be attending more. I appreciate all the help received at the meeting. Thanks to all who did demos, I learned quite a bit.

Mac

I think, we had a great meeting and wow, got two more meetings lined up for next year already. Rodger has volunteered to host one in Janurary, and John in April. This is good news for our club and shows that although ,it is sometimes a small group ,that we are here to stay.

Glad to here that the skew sharpening demo was a hit.

Top Bottom