January 2011 Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

traderdon55

At our last meeting Roger offered to host the January meeting at his shop in Ashdown Arkansas. I spoke with him last night and he has set the date for saturday January 15th starting at 10:00 a.m. As usual we will have a pot luck lunch and Rodger has decided to make a big batch of chili so we will be looking for whatever you think will go good with that. As time gets closer we will make arrangments to meet and carpool if any one would like to do so. We need ideas as to what people would like to see demonstrated and volunteers to do demos. Any ideas you have please post them here or if you don't want to post just send me a e-mail and I will post for you. Hopefully with plenty of advance notice we can put together a good agenda and have a good turnout. I hope everyone enjoys the holidays and look I forward to seeing everyone in January.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

traderdon55

I have sent a e-mail regarding this meeting to everyone I have on my e-mail list. If you want to attend and did not get an e-mail send me your e-mail address and I will put you on the list to send directions to.

traderdon55

John,there are a lot of people in this group that have not seen that demo and would love to see it. I have seen it before but would be happy to see it again as it is a good demo.

Mac

My demo is going to be fixing blanks that have crack or knot with a hollow spot or just a blank that you might think would add some character to the pen, but has some sort of problem. I prefer to make pens with wood that is not normal, and have found ways to show them off.
As for food I am bringing sausageballs so far.

traderdon55

Billy called me and said to put him down for bringing banana pudding and said he would be willing to do a demo on making an antler pen. We need to hear from everyone that is coming as soon as possible so that we can have plenty of seating and so Roger will know how big a batch of chili to make.

traderdon55

Larry sent an e-mail and is bringing cornbread,fritos,and crackers. I need to hear from everyone that is coming by tomorrow so that we can get together everything that we need and so I will know who to send directions to.

traderdon55

I am bringing jalepena cornbread and iced tea. Everyone that has let me know they are coming has been sene a e-mail with directions. If you are coming and did not recieve a e-mail let me know and I will send directions to you tonight.

Mac

Sorry I had to miss the latest meeting. Hope everyone had a great time. I am sure I missed a few great demo's.

I don't want you to feel bad, but, we did have a great meeting, I think we had 11 people and 4 demos. Too much food and Rodge was a great host.
But all is not lost, we are going to have another one, in April at John's house, and have already talked Traderdon into two demos so far. A casting demo and MesquiteMan's CA finish. He meet MesquiteMan at SWAT last year.

Last edited:

leslie hines

The meeting was great enjoyed all of the demos Roger's chili was very good. Only problem was the wet weather. Looking forward to April's meeting.

traderdon55

We had 4 good demos and this was the first meeting I have not had to do one (probably the reason all 4 were good). John has agreed to host the next one at his house in Texarkana in April. He has to check his calendar before he can set a date but I will start a new thread when the date is confirmed. As Mac has posted they are going to make me make up for not doing a demo at this one by having to do two next time. My casting demo may be like the blind leading the blind since I don't have a lot of experience but as far as I know I am the only one in the group that has done any and there seems to be a lot of interest in it. If anyone that was not at this meeting knows more about it I would be happy for them to step up otherwise I will be sharing what I know. I want to say a special thank you to Kallenshaan Woods for donating the laser cut kits for our door prizes.

Phunky_2003

I couldnt make the last meeting, but will try to be at the next one. I just didnt want to take any chances with the weather, seeing how far I would be traveling.

I'd be willing to help with the casting demo. I've been doing quite a bit of casting lately.

Glad you guys had a good time. Sounds like I missed a good meeting.

traderdon55

John and James thanks for the offer of help with the casting demo. What little I have done was with Similar 41 and homemade molds. With three of us there sharing what we know it should be a very informative presentation for everyone. I will let you know the date just as soon as possible.

Top Bottom